Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PLanning trip from NYC to Mont-Tremlbant - Davidson Brewery HPWC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
planning ahead for the winter season.... 85kw Dual Chargers Installed

NYC to Albany Supercharger (do a range charge)

Approx: 219mi
Boucherville – Hotel Mortagne – 90amp
Charger type: CS90
1228 Nobel Rue
Boucherville, QC J4B 5H1
Then head to Mont-Tremblant - 87 Miles

the other option is to do another stop at (charging for approx 49 miles on the way up just for "insurance" )
Davidson Brewery 1043 State Route 9, Queensbury, New York 12804
Plugshare shows 2 j1772 and 1 Tesla HPWC......

can anyone confirm that there is an acutal HPWC or is it just listed to attract Tesla owners?

Will try to contact them tomorrow, but wanted to see if any members have done a similar trip or stopped at Davidson.

Thanks!

The NYC-Montreal route has been discussed a few times on the factory forum. You could also consider going up the east side of Champlain through Burlington (lots of charging opportunities in Burlington, including a HPWC in Vergennes, VT); not much difference distance-wise. Take I-89 to 133 through Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, where there is a Sun Country CS-90. You should also be able to charge at the Montreal store/service center, or the Sun Country CS-60 at the Best Western in Saint-Jerome if needed (nothing north of that in the Sun Country network).

Do you have charging at Mont-Tremblant? Plugshare shows two HPWC's in the village at the south end of the lake. One explicitly says 80A.

Last edited:
There is now a supercharger in Cornwall, Ontario, but reaching it from Albany in winter might be stretching it, depending on the temp. I recommend trying to find an RV campground along the way (one that's open year-around) and pick up at least 30 miles there. There will eventually be a supercharger on northern I-87, perhaps at Keeseville NY. At the moment, charging options in the Adirondacks are nonexistent, except for campgrounds. The route from Cornwall to Tremblant is not exactly a straight line, but not too far.

Can anyone confirm the HPWC at Davidson brewery since this looks real close to 87....just trying to limit the stops/time charging ....what's everyone experience during the winter up in the northeast? Can I get 240 miles on a range charge? Or am I cutting it close?

Once in Mont-Tremblant. there is a L2 charging station in the underground parking of the Fairmont. You will need a card of this network to use it though : Charge your electric car in Québec – Le Circuit électrique

You should be able to park there even if you don't stay there. If you rent a condo in the Village, most underground parking, have a lonely 120V wall plug if you have enough time, it will do the job ...

About Hotel Mortagne, it is a bit of a detour, but you might be lucky, and have a new HPWC available at the new Service Center which will be closer to your route in Montreal, hopefully by the end of the year ... Stay tuned...

The Hotel Mortagne station is 70 amps at only ~195 Volts and your car will likely reduce the amps to 52 within a half hour.

Around Montreal there are HPWC's on plugshare offering 80 amps at ~230 Volts.

+1 to this.

Unless you have no alternatives, avoid the Hotel Mortagne charger.

It is the "weakest" 70A SCH I have used to date, and makes the car throttle down charging constantly.

+1 to this.

Unless you have no alternatives, avoid the Hotel Mortagne charger.

It is the "weakest" 70A SCH I have used to date, and makes the car throttle down charging constantly.

Thanks....are most of the suncountry chargers 72amp?....this might be my only choice coming from the Albany supercharger.... Because I am not sure if I will get 240+ range during the winter time...that would be cutting it close going into Montreal. Unless I charge at the brewery or find a HPWC before heading into ca

Thanks....are most of the suncountry chargers 72amp?....this might be my only choice coming from the Albany supercharger.... Because I am not sure if I will get 240+ range during the winter time...that would be cutting it close going into Montreal. Unless I charge at the brewery or find a HPWC before heading into ca
See: EV Trip Planner - Sun Country Highway

It depends. I think the newest ones are CS-100's (80A charge). I know of one recently installed in North Branford, CT that's a CS-100. Older ones seem to be CS-90's (72A charge), like the one at the Best Western in Albany and at Romeo Bessette & Fils in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC. There are also some CS-60's (48A charge) around.

Can anyone confirm the HPWC at Davidson brewery since this looks real close to 87....just trying to limit the stops/time charging ....what's everyone experience during the winter up in the northeast? Can I get 240 miles on a range charge? Or am I cutting it close?

240 in winter is way too risky in my experience. Take a look at my challenged drive last Thanksgiving from Boston to near Keeseville: Don't try this at home...

Cold weather and the need to warm the battery (and cabin) hit somewhat, also denser air. Throw in some snow and you really take a hit. And there are always elevation changes to deal with.

If you're an experienced hyper miler go ahead but make sure you have plans b and c just in case. Infrastructure in the North Country is pretty sparse - when I used to drive from NYC to near Keeseville I was worried about finding open gas stations on the Northway, let alone level 2 chargers!

240 in winter is way too risky in my experience. Take a look at my challenged drive last Thanksgiving from Boston to near Keeseville: Don't try this at home...

Cold weather and the need to warm the battery (and cabin) hit somewhat, also denser air. Throw in some snow and you really take a hit. And there are always elevation changes to deal with.

If you're an experienced hyper miler go ahead but make sure you have plans b and c just in case. Infrastructure in the North Country is pretty sparse - when I used to drive from NYC to near Keeseville I was worried about finding open gas stations on the Northway, let alone level 2 chargers!

Thanks for the input will consider this in my planning...might have to make more stops I guess ....or find different routes

If you're very lucky, the new Tesla store/service center in Montreal will be ready. At last reports, work had started in earnest on the inside of the former Chrysler dealership, but exterior construction was halted due to permitting woes.

Reliable sources were expecting Superchargers to be installed at this site, but optimism has been tempered a bit recently. I'm still hoping there will at least be two SpC posts, if only semi-private and non-publicized like we've seen at one center in Chicago. There's certainly enough space. 40,000-50,000 square feet.

Google Maps: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/53...2!3m1!1s0x4cc919d3a2572163:0x914ebe95324e7883

PS: Traffic can be brutal in the area.

looks like they have a Tesla Quebec club - Jean-Claude T. has a HPWC on the way as well as Robert C roughly 204 miles from Albany SC.....i think that would be my best option if i do a trip range charge at before heading out of albany sc

@peterk. ....wow just read your trip....now that's range anxiety! ...so out of ur trip range charge how many miles did you lose due to the weather etc.....20% ?

I don't know if it was that much. Dealing with kids and figuring out my backup plan I didn't take detailed notes of charges and times. However I can tell you that the distance is 245 miles, and on my first trip in July of 2013 I range charged to full (265?), stopped for about an hour in Montpelier and picked up 22 miles, and arrived at my destination with 19 left.

looks like they have a Tesla Quebec club - Jean-Claude T. has a HPWC on the way as well as Robert C roughly 204 miles from Albany SC.....i think that would be my best option if i do a trip range charge at before heading out of albany sc

Another option is the Le Germain and Alt Hotels in Brossard and Montreal. The owner mentionned that they should have HPWC soon....
Yhe one in Brossard is 204 miles from Albany.