Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid $76,400 Nov 1st, 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid To Go On Sale In U.S On November 1

• Battery: 10.8 kWh lithium-ion
  • Electric Range: Up to 22 miles
  • 0 to 60 MPH: 5.4 seconds

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/cayenne/cayenne-s-e-hybrid/drive/

Performance: We are moving into the future in a progressive and dynamic way. A specially defined pressure point on the accelerator pedal signals the switch between all-electric mode to driving powered by the combustion engine. The combustion engine is fired up when necessary or when the accelerator is depressed...

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/cayenne/cayenne-s-e-hybrid/comfort/
- Adaptive cruise control with Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
- Assistance systems: Lane Departure Warning / Lane Change Assist

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/cayenne/cayenne-s-e-hybrid/safety/
Porsche Stability Management (PSM): PSM helps to stabilize the vehicle in hazardous road scenarios. The electronic control system uses sensors to continuously monitor the direction, speed, yaw velocity and lateral acceleration of the car. It also enhances traction when accelerating on inconsistent road surfaces. In SPORT PLUS mode,...

There was a significant gap in features like ACC, lane departure warnings and such with the S, but that gap is closing and I'd assume the X is going to launch with fully competitive features and just completely outclass the competition.

If the reviewers thought Tesla had created a winner with the S despite some gaps, the reviews on the X are going to be very entertaining to read.

There was a significant gap in features like ACC, lane departure warnings and such with the S, but that gap is closing and I'd assume the X is going to launch with fully competitive features and just completely outclass the competition.

If the reviewers thought Tesla had created a winner with the S despite some gaps, the reviews on the X are going to be very entertaining to read.

Cool! :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

@ckessel

So it means that these features will be implemented soon also on the Model S?

So it means that these features will be implemented soon also on the Model S?
Yep, some already are. There was a thread/post somewhere saying the latest cars are coming with lane departure and, uh, speed warnings I think? Someone also has a post of a new turn indicator that looked like it had some sort of adaptive cruise control symbol on it. ACC isn't there yet, but it sure looks like it's up and coming.

@Scottf200 ....... It's a piece of sh@$ compliance car not worthy of consideration. It is the effort being put forth my Big Oil to convince people to continue the suicidal march of the lemmings to Peak Oil worldwide and a recession that will mess with all of us. We have five years or so until gas prices become prohibitive and these sub100mile EVs get the fanfare they deserve...... They are the excuse for the automotive industry to not commit to serious alternatives. They are the Sirens that lures Ulysses and I don't care how fancy they are with their high tech bullsh@$. Until car companies stop using ICE and get real about EVs we are all looking into the abyss.

Hate me for saying it ,but ....... Mark my words!!!

Not to be a Tesla fanatic, but I am at the point where if a vehicle can't go 200+ miles on electric I can't consider it. Just personal taste I guess and maybe the Tesla has spoiled it for me.
I do find it amusing that on the one hand folks say "why do people keep bringing up Tesla not having 400+ range" but at the same time thinking "but I don't want to buy a car with < 200 range". Cognitive dissonance, IMO. ;)

10 miles EV range is pretty pathetic, but it is a step in the right direction. People who by this car will notice the engine coming on partway through their commute, and start to think "I wish this thing had a bigger battery". They'll get a few short trips on electricity only, and want more. Next time they'll want a bigger battery, and they'll eventually get it, and then they'll want to ditch the ICE.

In the meantime, a plug in hybrid with 10 miles of electric range is going to have significantly lower emissions than the equivalent gas version.

The switch to EVs is going to take some time, and it starts with mass hybridization. Soon, it will be weird to find a car that doesn't at least recapture braking energy, and more cars will plug in for small to medium ranges. In short, this is progress, slow though it may seem.

WOW that is so cheap!!!
This is HK price $239,230 usd
Hope Ferrari and Lambo bring there car out soon.
CCI30092014_0000 l.jpg

@Scottf200 ....... It's a piece of sh@$ compliance car not worthy of consideration. It is the effort being put forth my Big Oil to convince people to continue the suicidal march of the lemmings to Peak Oil worldwide and a recession that will mess with all of us. We have five years or so until gas prices become prohibitive and these sub100mile EVs get the fanfare they deserve...... They are the excuse for the automotive industry to not commit to serious alternatives. They are the Sirens that lures Ulysses and I don't care how fancy they are with their high tech bullsh@$. Until car companies stop using ICE and get real about EVs we are all looking into the abyss.

Hate me for saying it ,but ....... Mark my words!!!

+1. Truer than true.