Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this "Xtras" menu?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed this on an image demonstrating parking sensors for Model S.

Notice the extra tab marked "Xtras"

ui_option_parking_sensor_3.jpg

?

Random observation: The passenger is unhappy with the driver's choice of 70F. He/she has chosen 73F and 2 on the seat heater.

Another observation, the rear camera picture does not seem to match the output from the parking sensors..... they don't appear to be close to anything...... unless if they are about to run over something low.

Oh one more.... the passenger airbag is off.. doesn't that typically mean no one is sitting there? Then why the heated seat and temp change? :)

-m

This is nothing more than a mockup. The rear camera image is not even from the car's rear camera. The perspective is wrong, you don't see the car's rear bumper in the view... screens that are mocked up for instructional purposes should not be relied upon as an indicator of new features.

I don't think there's ANY doubt it's a mockup (nor that just about all the images on their site is), I think the curious thing is that the menu still exists and was used here. It originally said "Apps" so it does seem this is a more current rendition.