Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Vandalism

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

napabill

Supporting Member
Just finished a drive from Napa to Vancouver and encountered two SC sites with vandalism. At Mt Shasta the Tesla signs have been stolen. And at Grants Pass some idiot has spray painted the standards, see below (hopefully)
Grants Pass.jpg

Guess this means Tesla has arrived.

I haven't witnessed any vandalism at the 9 California supercharger stations I've visited. The only damage was repeated hits to the solar cover at the Tejon ranch charging station, people can't seem to keep ther Winnebagos away from the SW corner.

I haven't witnessed any vandalism at the 9 California supercharger stations I've visited. The only damage was repeated hits to the solar cover at the Tejon ranch charging station, people can't seem to keep ther Winnebagos away from the SW corner.

Cameras. Need cameras. Motor home =car, my arse.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't agree. Vandalistic actions starts from little things like this and then get bigger and bigger. IMO Tesla should monitor SCs with cameras and sue anybody doing vandalistic actions of any kind. We should remember that SCs are common goods and that vandalistic actions will hit all of us.

There's a big difference between destructive and non-destructive vandalism. Taking signs can be because people think the signs are cool and they want them. Tagging is boasting, although ironic since it's considered low graffiti. Neither of those actions necessarily signal a destructive personality. They can actually suggest a positive aspiration towards the target.

There's a big difference between destructive and non-destructive vandalism. Taking signs can be because people think the signs are cool and they want them. Tagging is boasting, although ironic since it's considered low graffiti. Neither of those actions necessarily signal a destructive personality. They can actually suggest a positive aspiration towards the target.

Tagging is sure as hell destructive. I had a house on the corner of a main road, with a big brick wall along the main road to cut down noise and dirt. It became a target for taggers, and I had to regularly spend a lot of money to remove the graffiti; I was even ordered to by the local council! It definitely dropped the property value.

Tagging is sure as hell destructive. I had a house on the corner of a main road, with a big brick wall along the main road to cut down noise and dirt. It became a target for taggers, and I had to regularly spend a lot of money to remove the graffiti; I was even ordered to by the local council! It definitely dropped the property value.

You have a very different definition of destructive to me and I think the council order was ridiculous.

The San Juan Capistrano supercharger location had its tesla parking signs stolen right when the site first opened
I'm shocked that tesla hasn't replaced them yet.

This location is a bank parking lot. I'm sure there's cameras... Just saying...

Two separate Model S owners told the contractor at SJC during construction that they would take the signs as soon as they were put up...Sure enough, the signs disappeared quickly. Last time I was there, there was more than 2 missing...

Tesla could put the signs on their web store and maybe that would satisfy the owners who want one. Otherwise, if I were Tesla, I wouldn't quickly replace the signs. They're for the driver's benefit, keeping gas cars at bay somewhat....No skin off Tesla's nose if they don't get replaced, so why should they keep replacing signs and paying for the labor to put new ones up? It just saddens me that Tesla owners would take the signs and diminish the Supercharging experience for the rest of the owners...

How do you know it was Tesla owners?
He's assuming that the people mentioned below were thieves rather than liars.
Two separate Model S owners told the contractor at SJC during construction that they would take the signs as soon as they were put up...Sure enough, the signs disappeared quickly. Last time I was there, there was more than 2 missing