Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cottonwood

Roadster#433, Model S#S37
Feb 27, 2009
Colorado
On Sept 11, 2014, the Rancho Cucamonga Planning Commission approved a 12-Stall Supercharger Site at 12505 North Main Street, Rancho Cucamonga, CA; Victoria Gardens Cultural Center. See 12505 N Main St, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739 - Google Maps for the location and The Rancho Cucamonga Planning Department Approval Letter. Here is the beginning of the letter:

Rancho Cucamonga.jpg

12 Stalls in Rancho Cucamonga certainly add a good chunk of Supercharger Capacity to The Inland Empire!

I don't know the local traffic patterns well, but this location seems to be pretty good on the 15, between the 10 and the 210. It will be a good location for those wanting a charge before heading to Barstow, or up to Arrowhead and Big Bear; going the other way, it will be a good spot to grab some Joules before heading into the wild unknowns of the Inland Empire, the LA Basin, or the wildernesses beyond. :biggrin:

Last edited:
This is great news! Rancho Cucamonga has for years been an EV-friendly city - just look at the number of ClipperCreek CS-40 charging stations the city has installed in various locations. So it is fitting that they have the privilege of welcoming the first Supercharger site in the area.

I agree that Victoria Gardens is near a key crossroads, and is probably the best possible location for the first Inland Empire Superchargers. That said, I'd like to see Tesla eventually add another Supercharger site near the 215 freeway, in the San Bernardino area. This would be more convenient when approaching Cajon Pass from the south and east, or when driving from Orange County, San Diego, or Palm Springs to the San Bernardino Mountains. (Being a mountain resident, I'm biased of course...)

That's great news! I live literally just 1 min north of the mall. I agree very convenient for those headed up mountains or east/west on 10 freeway towards LA or Palm Springs as well as the 15 freeway travelers heading towards Vegas or San Diego without worrying about range.

For those not familiar with the location, looks like it probably will be in the parking lot of the Victoria gardens mall. There's a food court as well as pinkberry, cold stones, Jamba Juice starbucks and coffee bean. Plenty restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, yardhouse and amc movie theater/shops. For those with kids there's actually a playground right next starbucks.

Last edited:
I personally typically take the 15 from the Cajon Pass when going to SD. It seems to flow more smoothly in terms of traffic. Super excited that they decided on Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga! If I have one complaint (and it's a very minor one!) it's that they want to put it north of the theater. It seems that near the theater is where it's always hardest to find parking. A better choice would have probably been near Macy's. That parking lot is huge and always has tons of free space even during the busiest times on weekends. Again, very minor complaint. I can't wait for this to open!

- - - Updated - - -

Hell yeah! Now the question is can they get this one done faster than Oxnard/Indio/SJC?

This! The SJC and Indio superchargers were, up until now, the only SC's I was REALLY looking forward to opening (as I needed them for trips to San Diego and Yuma, respectively) and both got huge delays. I hope I'm not cursing this one with my anticipation again!

Edit: Also, Cottonwood, thanks a ton for the legwork you've been doing in regards to finding these locations! If we ever meet, I'm buying you a beer.

12 stalls.. Now that's a supercharger!!:cool:

Great location. Yes, it can get crowded north of the theater, but it seems crowded just about everywhere at Victoria Gardens. Although this will be one supercharger I will not be using much, if at all. I am a local for this location, so I would only use it if I need a quick re-charge after a long commute from work.

I wonder which landscape planter they are talking about. Looks like I need to get out in Tess, and take a look :tongue:

It seems like the location is not ideal for east- or west-bound traffic, requiring drivers on the 210 or 10 to get on the 15 for a couple minutes to get there. It might not turn out to be a big deal but if I was going from LA-Vegas by the 210 I'd probably skip it and go straight to Barstow. Maybe they're trying to Supercharge all of Route 66, they already have Kingman.

wow... it's only 2 miles off the 210 freeway and about 4 miles off the 10 freeways... that is very convenient for East and West traffic... I used to drive a few miles just to buy gas in the old days - this is even more convenient (and cheaper)

I think it's a reasonable location because it's off 15 so convenient for all heading vegas. It's actually closer to 210 than 10 and keep in mind majority of LA will go via 10 or 60 heading east so I don't think asking too much for 210 travelers to head south 2 miles to supercharge. Now most may just charge and go but for those looking to eat as well there's a lot choices there within walking distance and probably more and better than other locations in the area.

The area north of the AMC could not be more perfect. There is a set of 15 parking spaces set aside that would be perfect for a 12 stall installation. The adjacent "planter area" has plenty of room for SC equipment and already has a couple high voltage transformers near the sidewalk. This should be a very easy install with no easement issues at all.

Google Maps satellite veiw:
Rancho SC Sat View.jpg

Google Street View:
Rancho SC Street View.jpg

It seems like the location is not ideal for east- or west-bound traffic, requiring drivers on the 210 or 10 to get on the 15 for a couple minutes to get there. It might not turn out to be a big deal but if I was going from LA-Vegas by the 210 I'd probably skip it and go straight to Barstow. Maybe they're trying to Supercharge all of Route 66, they already have Kingman.

When I drive to San Diego, I have to drive out of my way up the 5 to get to SJC so I can make the return trip home. Then I have to pay a toll lest I sit in more traffic to get to the 91, where I have to deal with more traffic yet again. It probably adds 30 minutes or more of driving (not including the charge time) onto my trip. I don't think East-West traffic driving on the 15 for 2 minutes to get to Foothill/66 is a big deal for a free and fast charge. Would you rather they put it on the 10 so people taking the 210 have to drive farther? The other way around maybe? Should they have put it on both freeways? I think they couldn't have been more right in their decision on this one.

The area north of the AMC could not be more perfect. There is a set of 15 parking spaces set aside that would be perfect for a 12 stall installation. The adjacent "planter area" has plenty of room for SC equipment and already has a couple high voltage transformers near the sidewalk. This should be a very easy install with no easement issues at all.

Google Maps satellite veiw:
View attachment 60187

Google Street View:
View attachment 60189

i hope so. As mentioned preciously city of Rancho Cucamonga has 8 ev charging stations for free throughout city already so hopefully easy install coupled with city cooperation pushes this through. I own a townhouse which I'm renting which is directly north of the mall. When the housing market took a dive, Shea homes, the builder sold the plot of land just west of your circled area back to city or mall I believe. So it will be interesting what they put there. It's been vacant over 4 yrs now.

And for those concerned about safety, the mall has a pretty good security patrol by bike, truck and even Segway. Also if you see the tan roof building west of AMC, that's a city police substation housed at the mall.

I would just like to add that this site will also definitely take the lead in the best name of a place with a Supercharger. Such a happy name. No wonder they're so EV friendly. I bet negotiations were easy. "Well, as a key intersection point and given growing demand we'll need at least 8 stalls." "Only 8? How about 12? 12 Model S in a row would be awesome! Welcome to Rancho Cucamonga!"