Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet the Dreamer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I'm working on a project involving adding a motor to a tesla model s. I have a blog about it but wasn't sure if it fit the rules to post a link to the blog. Anybody know the rules page said commercial endeavor but I'm not thinking that applies to my project. Anyway I do not have a Tesla Model S get bit hope to have one very soon

Yes the motor in this car is amazing! The engine I want to add is pretty cool though too! I am looking for a Tesla owner or owners that are very good at art or design. The engine in/om the frunk that I would like added is for an art exhibit in Grand Rapids art prize 2015. I want either the look of see through glass with the "engine" consisting of gears, gadgets, and whiz bangs linking together solar, wind, and hydroelectric representing the renewable clean energies that will power car now and into the future.

That sounds very cool as an art project! I would like to follow your blog on this project. If you posts updates and images in this thread and also link to an external blog site I'm guessing that would be kosher with regards to TMC policies.

Thanks Johan I'm very excited about the project. I did post the link and image I'm just waiting for a moderator to approve the post. Projxyz dot wordpress dot com if you want to take a peek manually. I'll keep you in the loop. Let me know if you have any additional thoughts or ideas

What a strange idea, but its kind of interesting to go the other way back to gasoline!!

What engine is it?

I think one of the biggest advantages of electric vehicles for me is the fact that they are simpler and require less maintenance. That's a big pull factor for me.

I think one of the biggest advantages of electric vehicles for me is the fact that they are simpler and require less maintenance. That's a big pull factor for me.

Not to mention the extra space you gain in the frunk since there is no engine in the Model S. It would be nice to have a side by side comparison - one with the engine in the front even if it's another car, say a Cadillac CTS with the hood open, and beside it you'd have the Tesla Model S with the frunk open.