Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't add user to ignore list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ckessel

Jan 15, 2011
There's an user I've tried to add to my ignore list a few times over the last couple years and keep failing, forgetting it won't let you ignore an admin.

Can that be changed? Obviously they're an admin, but I'm not sure why that should have any impact on which posts I'd like to see.

So you want the person you're trying to ignore to help you figure out how to ignore them. Do I have that right?

I love this forum. Love. It.
No, it doesn't have to be from the person in question. The irony that I have to ask mods for help isn't lost on me, but this is my only recourse as far as I can tell.

I didn't set up the rules. I'd rather not be here asking.

They might even be a mod I appreciate from an admin point of view, but that's separate from whether they, like any user, are someone whose forum input I'd rather not view.

Yeah that is unfortunate. i'm trying to decide whether to buy a salvage titled MS85 to rebuild, hack or part out, etc. Unfortunately the signal to noise ratio is very low due to some supreme troll arguing and wasting everyone's time with his useless blather and chatter, then come to find out he can't be put on the ignore list--a troll in mod's clothing...

@ckessel, @kennybobby - My recommendation would be to find a moderator that you get along with (or at least don't have drama with) and discuss in more depth in a PM with him/her. Hopefully the social drama can be resolved in that fashion.

Yeah that is unfortunate. i'm trying to decide whether to buy a salvage titled MS85 to rebuild, hack or part out, etc. Unfortunately the signal to noise ratio is very low due to some supreme troll arguing and wasting everyone's time with his useless blather and chatter, then come to find out he can't be put on the ignore list--a troll in mod's clothing...

I think you might need to re-examine your own views here. If you are talking about who I think you are, his posts were reasonable and not 'trolling'. In your 3-4 weeks here on TMC I think you might find that people can express their opinions without being accused of trolling especially someone who has been here a long time and provides valuable information and help to the site.

I want to make absolutely clear that, to me, there was no trolling. In no way did they overstep their bounds as a mod or a user.

I simply vehemently disagree with the person in question on content and tenor, on more than this one occasion, which led me to want to use the ignore feature. I'm not seeking to imply anything about anyone beyond me and my personal preferences.

Can an admin please delete (or at least lock) this thread? My request was answered and I can't see any possible good coming out of leaving it open.

Last edited:
Why? You want to hide information? Or block useful discussion? Odd request.
Sorry, I'd gotten the impression this wasn't a useful thread. Of the first two people to respond, the first seemed to question my posting at all and the second saying I should leave the site entirely. Not a good direction.

A followup post answered the question, that you can't ignore certain users and there is nothing in the software that can change that. Done, thread purpose achieved.

The thread wasn't to rant about some mod. So, seemed appropriate to request the now derailed thread be deleted and, perhaps, update the ignore info in the FAQ.

I'm generally not a fan of deleting threads, and closing is typically only warranted if there is a mob frenzy going on or it's become a completely stone age grunt fest.

I think the thread is useful in its current form and I'm glad you felt comfortable raising the concern. Were the thread to be deleted or closed, it might give a different impression -- which would be counterproductive for all parties.