Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confessions of a Speed Addict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lorih

May 12, 2013
OK, so a few years back, when I was still driving I was the person that many of you hate. I drove a hybrid car in the right hand lane with cruise control set at 55 because "air turbulence is non-linear above 60MPH, and I was trying to burn the least fossil fuel and 'limit' my carbon footprint".

Now, with Tesla I am a speed junkie! As many of you know, I'm only a passenger these days, but I just wanted to document my evolution (all Model S):

July 2013: Top speed 104MPH with Metafor driving back from LA Tour d'Tesla to Silicon Valley on I5
August 2014: Top speed 107MPH with Brianman driving (...in traffic on a freeway. I am legally obligated not to disclose location)
September 6 2014: Top speed 111MPH on the track with driving instructor at Pacific Raceways Silent Thunder driving borrowed Model S
September 6 2014: Top speed 118MPH with Brianman at Pacific Raceways Silent Thunder EV Drag Race

Anyone care to challenge Brianman? I have my own racing helmet now.

Is funny how the acceleration of the Model S reduced my need to hit high top speeds. The first thing I used to do with a new car (after the appropriate break in perod) was to max out the top speed. After over a year of ownership I've never maxed out my Model S, I have however come fairly close.