Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Sector 111 RaceView CF mirrors on the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
raceVIEW Mirrors for the Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111

416258d1405249996-pictures-comparing-raceview-cf-side-mirrors-oem-elise-img_3633.jpg

416282d1405249996-pictures-comparing-raceview-cf-side-mirrors-oem-elise-img_3655.jpg

416290d1405249996-pictures-comparing-raceview-cf-side-mirrors-oem-elise-img_3660.jpg

viewVSstock.jpg

From the "raceVIEW Mirrors do not fit" thread it appears they do from post #4 & #5 (pasted below). Curious if Jaff got around to buy/install them... I don't don't know the mounting plate they're taking about, possibly the raceView supplied plate?

actually they do not fit just like that. you have to drill through the mounting plate and fit the screws from the outside. TESLA Zurich did that for me and said they would never do it again but it looks great!!

Thanks for the info felix, glad to hear they fit albeit a difficult installation...I'm expecting mine in shortly!

From the "raceVIEW Mirrors do not fit" thread it appears they do from post #4 & #5 (pasted below). Curious if Jaff got around to buy/install them... I don't don't know the mounting plate they're taking about, possibly the raceView supplied plate?

I probably never showed a photo...... I'll try to do that as soon as I get home from my current trip. Yes there is a mounting plate which uses the three screw holes left by the stock mirrors and then the singular stem for the race view mirror is mounted to that plate. then I did not use race views Miroirs but instead a Japanese motorcycle mirror that I found via a lotus form. I'll really try to post some pics because they look great on the car.

...nope...

...Felix is right...they became a "casualty" of the Carbon One fiasco...:rolleyes:

The CF weave did not match the Roadster's weave so I sent them to John to be wrapped...apparently Klingons absconded with 'em enroute to my door...

Last edited:
...Felix is right...they became a "casualty" of the Carbon One fiasco...:rolleyes:

Sounds like that company took its toll on people. Bum deal literally.

I'm interested in the Race mirrors for that they do appear to have less of a foot print for drag. Would be nice to have a quick swap on it, possibly running only one side (driver's) on long trips running the smallest legal mirror which sounds like the motorcycle one. I'm also looking to button up the aerodynamics for the bottom of the Roadster, by the wheels on the bottom trays but don't want to drill:

aeroplates5.jpg

And also want to play around with a longer rear CF diffuser to lower the drag. Something like this but where it pushes out from the rear at least 3-4" so there's limited tu

new-lotus-elise-s2-06-07-carbon-fiber-rear-diffuser-09968.JPG

Also the front 1.5 splitter I feel could have a better lip to push the air out around the Roadster better as well as more down and away from the belly pan for better efficiency. Looks crude and lot all the functional as currently implemented.

I personally think we have some room to make the drag coefficient even better on the Roadster.

Hey Dennis, if you do proceed with the Raceview mirrors, please post some pics...I still might think of installing them, but would be interested in your thoughts and musings if you go that route.

Cheers!

One caveat with the raceview mirrors...I wonder how much "actual" mirror area you lose with the raceview vs. stock...in traffic, you really have to depend on your side mirrors to safely drive the Roadster...I really wouldn't want to trade wind resistance for "too little mirror" to be effective...

Last edited:
pics of my race view mirror base install with japanese motorcycle mirrors

here are some pics that I have promise since a year or two :crying:

Attachments

• IMG_7360.jpg
    IMG_7360.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_7362.jpg
    IMG_7362.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_7364.jpg
    IMG_7364.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_7366.jpg
    IMG_7366.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 173
sorry for another late answer. I had help from TESLA Zurich to install them But they simply said never again. It is the base plate for the race-view mirrors from sector 111. To fit they had to be drilled and screwed from the outside instead of from the inside as indicated in the instructions.... they just don't fit that way. Then I swapped out the squarish race-view mirrors for these japanese motorcycle mirrors and their fixed stems. The stems are however, ok legally as they do not stick out outside the body of the car. The mirrors and their stems I got on this website and are the type 4 mirrors.

Moto Works | Magical Racing Parts | Racer Replica Mirrors It was a little bit of mix and match but worked great in the end and I still love them. Good luck if you decide to do this!