Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack White uses Tesla Model S as a mixing studio!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Sound on Sound Magazine (UK) October 2014:
"White likes to use his Tesla electric car as a mix reference, which oddly, created some effects that won't work as well in countries with right hand drive cars. "The Tesla sound system is Jack's mix reference now, its what he is used to listening to" explains [Joshua]Smith [mix engineer]. "We broadcast mixes to his car via an FM transmitter, and if we wanted higher fidelity we'd use a USB stick with 96k WAV files.... One of the interesting things is that Jack likes to mix from a driver perspective. He usually likes drums or vocal delays on the right because it creates a cool effect when he's listening to it in the car"

Just sharin':smile:

I was just listening to The Beatles 24-Bit FLACs from the little green apple USB today, on my car's Premium Sound. Abbey Road sounds utterly fantastic; the drum pan is incredible, it sounds like I am sitting on the drum riser, with the drums all laid out around me.

Though for some reason Tesla playback is introducing a gap between gapless songs (the entire second side of Abbey Road, pretty much). And it seems to think that some of the album art is better represented by "Alvin and the Chipmunks Greatest Hits" (you can't make this stuff up!).

- - - Updated - - -

And though my teen daughter is a Beatles fan, let it be said that she has favorited and often cranks "Seven Nation Army" on Slacker. It also sounds great in the Tesla!