Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback on P85+ with all four tires @ 245/35R21 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering swapping out my rear wheels/tires (265/25R21) on my P85+ with the same size as the front, (245/35R21).

That way I could use the much cheaper, and better Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. They are rated better in wear life, handling, braking, and comfort compared to the Pilot Sport PS2s I'm using now.

My overall goal is to get better tire life, and this way I could rotate them regularly.

Has anyone done this? Thoughts?

I'm considering swapping out my rear wheels/tires (265/25R21) on my P85+ with the same size as the front, (245/35R21).

That way I could use the much cheaper, and better Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. They are rated better in wear life, handling, braking, and comfort compared to the Pilot Sport PS2s I'm using now.

My overall goal is to get better tire life, and this way I could rotate them regularly.

Has anyone done this? Thoughts?

I'm currently in the midst of this experiment. I got 12K on my PS2s in the rear--the fronts are still at 7/32 after 19.5K. I put on the new PSS in 245/35 in the rear. After 7.5K miles, I'm at 7/32. 6 thousand of those miles were from a road trip, so not a lot of stop and go. I've found the performance fairly comparable. It's not super economical to rotate because the rims are different widths and swapping rubber can run $50/tire last place I went. I thought if I were unhappy, I'd push the PSS tires up front and get back in a stagger with a wider PSS--can't remember the exact fitment, but the diameter is very close. It was a 30 series--either 265 or 275, most likely.