Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newest Roadster firmware 4.6.8?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my PEM replaced by Tesla, and they updated the firmware to 4.6.8.

Interestingly, when I had the car in for its annual service back in April/May of 2015, they did not update the firmware then.

The difference I notice is that the headlights don't automatically turn off when you turn off the car and remove the key. Previously, I leveraged the "feature/bug" to be able to leave my headlight switch ON at all times. Kind of a bummer for my use.

Last edited:
I just had my PEM replaced by Tesla, and they updated the firmware to 4.6.8.

Interestingly, when I had the car in for its annual service back in April/May of 2015, they did not update the firmware then.

The difference I notice is that the headlights don't automatically turn off when you turn off the car and remove the key. Previously, I leveraged the "feature/bug" to be able to leave my headlight switch ON at all times. Kind of a bummer for my use.

Interesting. I have 4.6.8 and my headlights don't stay on when I turn off the car and remove the key.

Interesting. I have 4.6.8 and my headlights don't stay on when I turn off the car and remove the key.

Hmm. I went outside and without the key turning on the headlights turns on the headlights. However, if I then turn the car on, when I turn it off, the headlights went off. I'll have to play around with the scenarios tomorrow, but there is a VDS message "Headlights Still On" (at least if it's in Debug Alerts) that I never saw before. There may also be a factor of plugging the car in for charging as well.

Mine is a 2008 Roadster 1.5 #467 and my VDS shows the FW as Rev. 3.6.12 . I just got it back from the Fremont SC following major service on the way to the Model X Launch, and one would hope they'd updated it to the latest release. But some of the posters to this thread appear to be 1.5 owners with newer FW?

Mine is a 2008 Roadster 1.5 #467 and my VDS shows the FW as Rev. 3.6.12 . I just got it back from the Fremont SC following major service on the way to the Model X Launch, and one would hope they'd updated it to the latest release. But some of the posters to this thread appear to be 1.5 owners with newer FW?

3.6.12 is the latest for 1.5 Roadsters.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak