Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Expectations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm receiving my MS on Monday in Fremont and getting a factory tour. I've read different pists regarding the DS giving the owner a Tesla jacket and key fob pocket. I don't know if those items are standard delivery items or not. So what should I expect when I take delivery? I have the Evanex delivery checklist, was this of help to anyone else?
thanks

I got two gray hats at time of ordering.

For delivery I got one fob w/cover, one w/o. No clothing. (I did order a nice black Tesla jacket with red lettering for myself to mark the occasion....)

I had read the delivery checklist multiple times before going in, but didn't literally follow it at delivery time. Getting the so-long-waited-for delivery had my mind in a rather odd altered-state of "OMGICan'tBelieveThisIsHappeningThatsMYTeslaHolyCrapFinally". It was a bit hard to concentrate. As my 'tour guide' went over all the features most of the time he sounded like the teacher from a Peanuts special: "Whaaa wha whaa whaa hwwaaaaa", with only an occasional word here or there sinking in.

I had read the delivery checklist multiple times before going in, but didn't literally follow it at delivery time. Getting the so-long-waited-for delivery had my mind in a rather odd altered-state of "OMGICan'tBelieveThisIsHappeningThatsMYTeslaHolyCrapFinally". It was a bit hard to concentrate. As my 'tour guide' went over all the features most of the time he sounded like the teacher from a Peanuts special: "Whaaa wha whaa whaa hwwaaaaa", with only an occasional word here or there sinking in.

Haha, that was totally me. I had a checklist in my pocket, never even though to get it out. Intended to buy wheel locks and the tire repair kit, forgot to ask. Mostly I just wanted to get in the car and go.

It's been awhile, I got mine in November, but I didn't get any goodies either when ordering or when picking up at the factory. The SC offered a fob pocket at some later point when they found out I didn't have one.

Seems like it depends how good a mood everyone's in.

I got two key fob pockets without asking, but nothing else. I didn't expect anything, although it would have been nice. I wasn't even asked to purchase. Just another excuse to go to my local Tesla retail store (which doesn't sell cars) and pick up some items.

For those of you that got hats, are they the grey hats with red tesla logo and say "TDG" (Tesla Drivers Group). Are these hats available anywhere, or are they for owner only?

Yup that's the hat I got when I ordered. As far as I know they're not available any other way. But if you've already got the car and didn't get the hat I bet they'd find you one if you asked.

Yes. I have no idea if they are available any other way.

Yup that's the hat I got when I ordered. As far as I know they're not available any other way. But if you've already got the car and didn't get the hat I bet they'd find you one if you asked.

Thanks. Ya my sales rep gave me two when I ordered. They actually look great. Haven't seen them on shelves or online so I was curious if it was an owner only thing. I guess I know if I see someone wearing one it is safe to say they probably own one as well.

They have various shirts/hats/mugs for sale, and I saw the repair kit as well. At no point did they even mention this to me, if I hadn't shown up 10 minutes early I would have missed the stuff entirely. They are so busy with end of month deliveries that they are quickly moving people out. I suggest arriving early if you want to get some swag.

Also, I keep seeing people mention that they got so excited in the moment they forgot to buy tire locks and tire repair kits. What all does Tesla service center have for sale when you take delivery?

It's really no big deal if you swing by and buy them later. I ended up swinging by a different service center for other issues and took care of it then. Don't think they have any problem with drop ins like that.

So what is it? The tire repair kit includes...? Also not familiar with what a tire lock is.

Tire repair kit consists of a can of goop that goes in the tire that seals it if it's leaking and a small air compressor that runs off the 12V outlet in the car. It also has a pressure sensor.

Wheel locks are a lug nut that doesn't have a standard shape and a weird pattern in it that requires a specialized tool to remove. Making it hard for someone to steal wheels.

I picked up my car in December 13 and didn't get a hat or anything. In May (?) of 14 I went in to the DC retail store to buy a hat for a friend and got to talking to the guy there; he mentioned that the TDG hats were a new thing that they had recently started doing, and he gave me one.