Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician/Installer needed ASAP!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not going to name names but I had an arrangement with an installer for and he failed to show up for either one, is not answering his calls and has not given me any notice of anything. He just vanished.

I'm over it...

But I do need an electrician ASAP! I get the car THIS Sunday and I have no way to charge it at my house. Can someone please recommend installers in my area, ones that you've worked with preferably.

Thanks!

I'm located in Northridge CA, 91325

I'm not going to name names but I had an arrangement with an installer for and he failed to show up for either one, is not answering his calls and has not given me any notice of anything. He just vanished.

I'm over it...

But I do need an electrician ASAP! I get the car THIS Sunday and I have no way to charge it at my house. Can someone please recommend installers in my area, ones that you've worked with preferably.

Thanks!

not in your area but it's a fun do it yourself project. Did it on my own, watch you tube videos on line. But if you decide to wait for a professional, use 110 outlet. Exciting time enjoy your car and don't fret

not in your area but it's a fun do it yourself project. Did it on my own, watch you tube videos on line. But if you decide to wait for a professional, use 110 outlet. Exciting time enjoy your car and don't fret

Can't agree with this more. If all you're wanting is a NEMA 14-50R then this is super easy install. We put one in when I put my HPWC in as a backup. The HPWC took most of a day to put in (running conduit takes time and we were being super neat about it). But the NEMA 14-50R took us all of 20 minutes for a 15 foot run.

I'm over it...

Thanks!

I didn't want to mess with a self install as I have no experience in that area. I highly, highly recommend Mark Galban from Galban Electric. Someone on the Tesla Forums highly recommended him and I am glad I listened.

He lives in Riverside, but came out to Laguna Beach for me. That is a bit shorter than a drive to you, but I am sure he would do it. His direct line is 949 735 2720. He did a lot of work for me and it was really clean. We had to do quite a bit of conduit due to my set up, but he made it look good. Did some work on other pieces that were related for the project. Pricing was very fair and he was enjoyable to chat with.

Definitely give him a call, you will not regret it. Tell him Elliott from Pyne Castle sent you, he will take care of you.

The problem with a self-install comes if you don't have a couple free spots on your breaker panel next to each other. The breaker my electrician put in a couple days ago is a 50 amp, but it's basically two 25's connected together. The panel was full so he took the air conditioner breaker pair out, then put in a 90 amp pair in its place that led to an external (second) breaker panel. Then in the external panel he rewired the 25 amp AC breaker pair and put in the 50 amp pair for the 14-50.

In retrospect it was all easy peasy stuff and I coulda saved myself $670, but my wife said she wanted it done right...

The problem with a self-install comes if you don't have a couple free spots on your breaker panel next to each other. The breaker my electrician put in a couple days ago is a 50 amp, but it's basically two 25's connected together. The panel was full so he took the air conditioner breaker pair out, then put in a 90 amp pair in its place that led to an external (second) breaker panel. Then in the external panel he rewired the 25 amp AC breaker pair and put in the 50 amp pair for the 14-50.

In retrospect it was all easy peasy stuff and I coulda saved myself $670, but my wife said she wanted it done right...

In 2002 I had a generator put in by a licensed electrician recommended by the generator company that was highly recommended and is the main place to buy/service generators still. At that point they didn't have their own in house electricians. I wasn't comfortable doing that work myself at the time so I stayed out of the way of the electrician and didn't check up on his work.

This past Sunday I put in an HPWC and a 14-50 with a friend of mine who was an electrician until recent when he bought a different business. I insisted on having a permit and getting the job inspected. Inspector came out looked at our work and said we did a good job, but then started asking questions about the generator install. Turns out it there was no permit for it and it was done wrong. Specifically, there is a new panel with a main breaker, that then feeds the automatic transfer switch, which feeds the load center off the generator or the utility. In the load center the ground and the neutral are still bonded. Apparently this allows the breaker to be bypassed and it should only be bonded in the master panel. The inspector said he wasn't going to write the electrician who installed the generator a ticket, but he was going to make him come out and fix this.

Moral of the story is, don't count on the electrician doing it right. Learn a bit about the electrical code and ask questions if things don't look right. Also make sure the work gets inspected.

It's not a do-it-yourself case. I have a detached garage and a fuse panel that needs to be consolidated.

Not to mention that I drive 160miles a day and I pick up the car from Fremont this Sunday. I know I'll have enough of a charge to get home, but don't know how I'll deal with going to the office on Monday...

I'm not worried, it will get done. I can't wait to do a nice drive back with the family in the car. Gonna be FUN!!!!

It's not a do-it-yourself case. I have a detached garage and a fuse panel that needs to be consolidated.

Not to mention that I drive 160miles a day and I pick up the car from Fremont this Sunday. I know I'll have enough of a charge to get home, but don't know how I'll deal with going to the office on Monday...

I'm not worried, it will get done. I can't wait to do a nice drive back with the family in the car. Gonna be FUN!!!!

Offset, use the guy I recommended. I was same deal. Detached garage and my whole wiring set up was really strange. He had no problem with it. Took a couple hours and was done. Looks very clean. Just tell him your timeline and he shoudl be able to meet it, although I know he is pretty busy. He has done about a dozen Tesla set ups before so is familiar with Tesla specifically.