Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lime Green Model S Spotted!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving on my way to work past the Tesla factory today and spotted a Lime Green Model S turning into the factory.

10588584_10102997637661923_1716880548_n.jpg
10717431_10102997637622003_1768807189_n.jpg

I've seen other colors here too. I think it might be some special orders for employees. Here's a violet one i spotted a month

I think early this year someone posted photos of a metallic orange S at the factory Superchargers. Looked incredible but that is a very strong color for a big car. Now on a Roadster the "Very Orange" paint color is awesome!

I dont think it was George RR's Purple Tesla. I saw the driver and he did not look like George. Regardless, I wish Tesla offered a Design Studio where I could select custom colors for extra money.

I am pretty sure I saw that dark purple being delivered when I was at the factory over the summer (it was the day TMC Connect started). GRRM had already taken delivery of his at that time - and it is apparently a much lighter (someone described it as mauve-y) than this one. This dark purple one is gorgeous in person. My understanding from the buzz around was that it was for an Tesla executive who was taking advantage of the coming line down time to get a custom color.

If its like the other "purple" cars (the M3 and NSX come to mind) they don't age well and usually resale pricing suffers unless you can find that one buyer who wants that same color 5 years down the road. It is pretty but I think the car needs to have scissor doors for mass acceptance of that color ;)