Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone suffering from strain in their left leg?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've noticed that my left leg hurts after my daily drives, especially in the knee/outer lower leg. It might be because of my left foot leaning/pushing on the small edge of the deadpedal/footrest... Does anyone else have similar symptoms? I would love to exchange experiences and thoughts, before removing/replacing/enlarging the footrest.

Thanks in advance!

• Love
Reactions: beachmiles
Hi all,

I've noticed that my left leg hurts after my daily drives, especially in the knee/outer lower leg. It might be because of my left foot leaning/pushing on the small edge of the deadpedal/footrest... Does anyone else have similar symptoms? I would love to exchange experiences and thoughts, before removing/replacing/enlarging the footrest.

Thanks in advance!
could also be from sciatica/lower back issue. the dermatone (area of distribution you are describing) is close to that too.

I do have some pain in my ankle when I drive the roadsters. It is my own fault. I do not notice it, but for some reason I roll my ankle and rest my foot on its side when driving the roadster (on the carpet). It is the oddest thing and I have no explanation. :confused::rolleyes:

Roadster offers alternative position: feet all the way back and up on the ledge just forward of seat, knees high. Must be in cruise control. Allows wrapping feet & legs in blanket to avoid frostbite, etc.

Also one leg at a time can be put on up on dash, to reduce edema.

Try these - good chance your pain will relocate!
--

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

I can just see the commercials at 3AM...

"DO YOU HAVE A TESLA ROADSTER OR LOTUS ELISE AND SUFFER FROM BACK PAIN AND SCIATICA? IF SO, CONTACT THE LAW FIRM OF PAIN AND SWINDLE. OUR FIRM HAS HELPED VERY FEW CLIENTS, ALTHOUGH WE ENSURED THAT WE PROFITED FROM THEIR SUFFERING. THERE MAY BE LIMITED TIME TO ACT, AND DEADLINES ARE APPROACHING FAST. FILE NOW!"

LOL

Small cars are tight, especially if you are tall or "generously proportioned."

This might be something to ask on the LOTUS forums. That being said, if you know the car is hurting you, maybe you should consider giving it up.

Feel Better,

T

I have noticed for some time now that after 2 hours of my 3 hour commute the toes of my left foot start to hurt a bit. There is no numbness or tingling but perhaps as if they have been pushed to the side of the footwell for too long? I often do what wycolo says and put my left foot flat on the upper part of the floor with my knee up - typically when in cruise control mode:)

I can just see the commercials at 3AM...

"DO YOU HAVE A TESLA ROADSTER OR LOTUS ELISE AND SUFFER FROM BACK PAIN AND SCIATICA? IF SO, CONTACT THE LAW FIRM OF PAIN AND SWINDLE. OUR FIRM HAS HELPED VERY FEW CLIENTS, ALTHOUGH WE ENSURED THAT WE PROFITED FROM THEIR SUFFERING. THERE MAY BE LIMITED TIME TO ACT, AND DEADLINES ARE APPROACHING FAST. FILE NOW!"

LOL

Small cars are tight, especially if you are tall or "generously proportioned."

This might be something to ask on the LOTUS forums. That being said, if you know the car is hurting you, maybe you should consider giving it up.

Feel Better,

T
Just remember that orthopedic problems have existed long before tesla and roadsters. When I showed the car to a cousin he told me to remember to stay slim and limber

Yes, sometimes I find that my left foot hurts because I have been pushing too hard against the footrest, and since the footrest is narrow, the outer edge of it accentuates the pressure in the middle of the ball of the foot. My solution is to work on improving brain-foot communication.

The Roadster is the most comfortable car I've ever sat in for long periods and I don't have a problem with my left leg. Having said that, there are times on long trips where I wished the dead pedal was wider. For me the seats and position are more comfortable than the Model S where I get small aches and pains after long periods. Not so for my wife. But the passenger seat is not as good. The firewall/footrest is too far in front of my feet.

I typically have my seat adjusted so when I extend my left leg its out and fully extended, my foot is almost flat with some wiggle room against the firewall.... no pressure at all, its like and laying on a bed. I'm thinking of removing the stupid mini foot rest / dead pedal that's on the left driver's side. I never use it and when I do it puts pressure in the wrong places, knee, hip, etc. when I do use it. I'd rather have more side to side leg room.

Also getting in and out, if done wrong, will put lots of stress and strain on your muscles and joints. Ensure you've perfected the entry/exit of the Roadster first, then adjust your seat/leg area.

Everybody's different, so what works for one may not work for all.

Last edited: