Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introductions (Hong Kong)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh, because there's a car with Matador license plate on in my car park and I thought it was yours

Hi ThomasC, I am living around there also! :biggrin: When is your expected delivery?
How are you planning to charge your vehicle? According to the building management at by building, no residential carpark in the Kowloon station cluster can have any chargers installed. :(

Hi ThomasC, I am living around there also! :biggrin: When is your expected delivery?
How are you planning to charge your vehicle? According to the building management at by building, no residential carpark in the Kowloon station cluster can have any chargers installed. :(

Which estate do you live?! Yea, i asked about installing a wall connector but it seems like estate that are managed by mtr are not getting it,. I am just planning on charging with SC or carparks that have charing ports

Which estate do you live?! Yea, i asked about installing a wall connector but it seems like estate that are managed by mtr are not getting it,. I am just planning on charging with SC or carparks that have charing ports

The one with a big hole in the middle :biggrin:. Hope mtr can realise this EV trend soon enough and start to do something about it.

Hi Every 1 new here

Hi to you all,

I am new here in the sub HK forum. I don't own a Tesla right now but planning to do so next year.
I what to learn as much as possible before I buy the car and see what parts I can find and buy to mod the car.
Right now I am driving a 2012 BMW 528i M Sport which I'm loving it BUT after testing the Tesla S 85+ loved it even more so unless there is a better car coming out from now till next year I think 99% I will get Tesla.

Do you guys have many SMD?
like to join 1 SMD and have a chit chat

thanks I tested the car out a few weeks ago and here my comments.

Likes: The ride is good and solid. The steering is much better than my BMW F10. The sound proof inside the car is as good as my BMW F10. No need to service the car every year which save $$$ and our planet. Well as for the speed other world so fast. So quick from 50 to 100+ car dose not feel like a 2.1 tons, it feels like 1.5 tons car. Built quality is good for the price.
I like the car price which is basic and can add what ever option I like unlike other brands which you have to buy the options even if you don't like it or don't what it.

Dislike: Cup holder in the wrong place, it should be more in front close to the centre console. The brembo brakes is on the soft side and need to push a bit more to stop the car, maybe because it is a 2 ton car. The rear side arch stick out too much into the seat and gets in the way when getting in and out. When you put your foot down no sound from the car which feels like you are going quick, unlike my BMW F10 can hear the 6500rpm engine noise which gives me a sound feedback of the speed I doing.

Over all I like the Tesla Model S more than my BMW F10 right now and cheaper to run too.
I don't know which to get in 2015. 85 OR 85+!!! I will wait and seen then. But I think I may get the 7 seater Tesla Model X 1st when it's out next year that's if they fix the gull wing doors to standard doors or even better sliding doors like most of the 7 seater now days, if they don't change and fix the doors then I will not buy the Model X. In Hong Kong car parks, the heights is very low and most places can not open these gull wing doors. I think it is the same in UK too most garage are way too low for this car.

- - - Updated - - -

other note if any of you guys sell you car in a years time I be happy to buy it off you got to be the 85 or 85+.

Hi All,
Nice to meet you all! I am considering a MS and doing search on it. I would like to learn from you owners, especially in HK.
I mainly have 2 mind blocks on the MS right now.

1) The size of the car - it is a big car, I figured it's length is like a Audi A7. i.e. between the length of a E-class and a S-class;
and the width is actually wider than a S-class. How does it feel when you are driving it? How do you manage the parking garages
in HK?

2) I read that there is no separate parking brake on the car. I understand on the shifter, by pressing in, you activate the parking brake;
but I wonder how do you manage e.g. parallel parking on a slope, where there is a car in front and behind the space, i.e. when you need
to move back and forth a few times on the slope. Especially those cases the slope is not very steep, I can't count on the hill assist will
kick in. Maybe the creep will help? (Or maybe I should just forget about that parking space and find another one...) I am so concerned
about this because I had an accident before exactly under these circumstances (and my car has a parking brake, but my car was only 1 week
old at the time, I wasn't used to it yet), the car rolled and hit something...

3) In your experience, what is a practical wh/km for HK style driving with the AC on?

Thanks much for your time.

Hi All,
Nice to meet you all! I am considering a MS and doing search on it. I would like to learn from you owners, especially in HK.
I mainly have 2 mind blocks on the MS right now.

1) The size of the car - it is a big car, I figured it's length is like a Audi A7. i.e. between the length of a E-class and a S-class;
and the width is actually wider than a S-class. How does it feel when you are driving it? How do you manage the parking garages
in HK?

2) I read that there is no separate parking brake on the car. I understand on the shifter, by pressing in, you activate the parking brake;
but I wonder how do you manage e.g. parallel parking on a slope, where there is a car in front and behind the space, i.e. when you need
to move back and forth a few times on the slope. Especially those cases the slope is not very steep, I can't count on the hill assist will
kick in. Maybe the creep will help? (Or maybe I should just forget about that parking space and find another one...) I am so concerned
about this because I had an accident before exactly under these circumstances (and my car has a parking brake, but my car was only 1 week
old at the time, I wasn't used to it yet), the car rolled and hit something...

3) In your experience, what is a practical wh/km for HK style driving with the AC on?

Thanks much for your time.

Welcome!!

Just quick answers:

1. It is almost the same size as BMW X6, just a few cm longer. You'll get used to it and no worries. Probably some carparks you want to avoid (classic is Shatin Centre, see picture below)

Shatin_Ctr.jpg

2. Don't worry about that, it will hold. I've done parking around SOHO / Staunton Street area and you know how steep it can be. A bit of practice will get you there.

3. Average 270-250 wh/km. If you do more highways it moves closer to 220 but reality average I would say 260 wh/km. ie HK$1 can get you through ~4km. (1kwh is just over HK$1 kowloon side)

Hope that helps