Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calendar App with IOS and Multiple Calendars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have multiple calendars that I sync with IOS, but only one (my exchange calendar) has my actual appointments in it. Other Calendars include the conference room at my office and some other work-related calendars which I can exclude from seeing most of the time in my IOS calendar application. Sometimes, though, I need to see those other calendars to be able to schedule something. In IOS, I can choose which calendars to show, and which calendars should create reminders, etc.

I can't find a way to exclude these multiple calendars from showing up the Model S calendar. As a result, it's worthless for me. In a typical day, I have 2-5 events scheduled for myself (on my main calendar), but 20-50 events show up on the Model S - every meeting at my office conference room, and a dozen or more events that my company puts on for clients.

Has anyone seen a way to only have a particular calendar show up on the Model S calendar app? Normally this would be done on a preferences screen in the app but there is no such thing that I can find in the Model S app.

I have 4 calendars and haven't figured out how to get any of them to show on the Model S.

I think the Tesla app copies the calendar maintained on-device by the iOS Calendar app. I have events today on the iPhone but not on the Model S which simply says nothing today or tomorrow. Believe I have everything opened up just the way Tesla asks. The car seems happy. The Tesla app seems happy. Nothing is happening.

Turn the calendars off that you don't want to see on the iPhone and they won't show up on the 17". Works great for me.

Well, one thing worked: Post that your calendar events are not making way from iPhone to Model S, go out to the car for lunch and there they are!

But calendars which are present but not checked and not displayed in the iOS iPhone Calendar app are now being displayed on my Model S.

Well, one thing worked: Post that your calendar events are not making way from iPhone to Model S, go out to the car for lunch and there they are!

But calendars which are present but not checked and not displayed in the iOS iPhone Calendar app are now being displayed on my Model S.

N4HHE has it right - only one calendar is checked in the iPhone Calendar App. And only that calendar shows up on that IOS Calendar App - as expected. But events from all 5 calendars are showing up on my Model S. mknox, are you sure you aren't seeing events from other calendars?

N4HHE has it right - only one calendar is checked in the iPhone Calendar App. And only that calendar shows up on that IOS Calendar App - as expected. But events from all 5 calendars are showing up on my Model S. mknox, are you sure you aren't seeing events from other calendars?

First of all, in case it matters, I am using an older iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 and I sync my Google calendars to the phone's native calendar app. I have 10 calendars (on Google) and there is the "Birthdays" calendar that is on the phone and comes from dates you have entered in your Contacts. Some of my 10 Google calendars are actually ones I subscribe to or are shared by members of my family.

I have de-selected a couple of calendars that I don't need to always "see", and when I do this, they also no longer show up in the car.

First of all, in case it matters, I am using an older iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 and I sync my Google calendars to the phone's native calendar app. I have 10 calendars (on Google) and there is the "Birthdays" calendar that is on the phone and comes from dates you have entered in your Contacts. Some of my 10 Google calendars are actually ones I subscribe to or are shared by members of my family.

I have de-selected a couple of calendars that I don't need to always "see", and when I do this, they also no longer show up in the car.

iOS 8.0.0 here is pushing all calendars to the Model S.

How your calendars get to the iPhone shouldn't matter as the Model S subscribes to data from the Tesla Model S App which then lifts the data from the iOS calendar database. It happens that I trust iCloud more than Google so my cloud sync is with Apple.

I, too, have been having this issue for a long time. Finally was fed up enough to start researching a solution and have found this (and a couple other) threads, but no solutions. My work requires that I have an email account at each of my clients, most of whom are on an Exchange server. Those and my personal calendars show on my iPhone (6, running iOS 9.2.1), but only the personal calendars sync to the Tesla, save for two days approximately a year ago when they suddenly worked and then didn't work. My Tesla currently has V7.1 Release 2.9.154.

I have turned off Background App Refresh for every app but the Tesla, to no avail. Rebooted Tesla and phone. Nothing. The various Exchange calendars show up in the list on the Tesla and they're checked, but nothing ever syncs.

Is this a setting by IT restricting where data is allowed to be pushed at the Exchange level and I need to go pester my clients' IT departments?

I, too, have been having this issue for a long time. Finally was fed up enough to start researching a solution and have found this (and a couple other) threads, but no solutions. My work requires that I have an email account at each of my clients, most of whom are on an Exchange server. Those and my personal calendars show on my iPhone (6, running iOS 9.2.1), but only the personal calendars sync to the Tesla, save for two days approximately a year ago when they suddenly worked and then didn't work. My Tesla currently has V7.1 Release 2.9.154.

I have turned off Background App Refresh for every app but the Tesla, to no avail. Rebooted Tesla and phone. Nothing. The various Exchange calendars show up in the list on the Tesla and they're checked, but nothing ever syncs.

Is this a setting by IT restricting where data is allowed to be pushed at the Exchange level and I need to go pester my clients' IT departments?

I have multiple calendars as well and they show up for me. However, here are some specifics in case one of these is contributing to the differences we are experiencing:
- Using iOS
- None of my calendars are Exchange-based
- Only my "Shown" calendars are synced (those in the list of calendars in the iPhone's Calendar app that are checked, unchecked ones are not syncing)
- I have iCloud-based calendars, a Gmail-based calendar, and some feed calendars (read-only on my phone from elsewhere)

Hopefully you can play with your setup and see why you are only seeing the one calendar. If I had to guess, it would be the "Shown" calendars. Remember that they only sync while the Tesla app is running, so if your clients' calendars are hidden until a day you are working with that client, they will not sync until the Tesla app is opened on that day they are showing on your phone.

Good luck!

Have there been any changes in enabling synchronisation between Tesla apps and iCloud in v.8.x? Will I be able to have access to my data without the iPhone plugged in and if not - which apps can be synced? btw: is anyone using EVE apps?