Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast FL Supercharger Opening Suggestion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a recent post, Larry Chanin mentioned Tesla might still be planning ribbon cutting ceremonies for Tampa, Ocala, and Lake City.

It might be fun to have all three happen on the same day and coordinate a road trip convoy of Tesla's, most likely starting in Tampa, then on to Ocala, and finishing in Lake City.

Larry - it's time to call your contacts on this.

Of course, at the rate the electric company is moving in Tampa and Ocala this might be a Christmas convoy!

In a recent post, Larry Chanin mentioned Tesla might still be planning ribbon cutting ceremonies for Tampa, Ocala, and Lake City.

It might be fun to have all three happen on the same day and coordinate a road trip convoy of Tesla's, most likely starting in Tampa, then on to Ocala, and finishing in Lake City.

Larry - it's time to call your contacts on this.

Of course, at the rate the electric company is moving in Tampa and Ocala this might be a Christmas convoy!

Hi Steve,

Sorry, I have been in contact with Tesla and they have confirmed that your suggestion is not logistically possible. Tesla will be sending the same Tesla representative to attend all ceremonies. They schedule these ceremonies for 10:00am on weekdays.

They are planning to kick off a series of ceremonies during a single week after a Georgia station is operational. It is likely that not all locations in Florida will have a ceremony. I'm guessing that this series of celebrations will occur late next month.

Larry

Last edited:
They are planning to kick off a series of ceremonies during a single week after a Georgia station is operational. It is likely that not all locations in Florida will have a ceremony. I'm guessing that this series of celebrations will occur late next month.

Very interesting...

I was not aware of any Georgia locations under construction. Do you have any hints on where this Georgia Supercharger might be?