Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla @ CES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thurs 1/7/10 - Sun 1/10/10, Elie @ www.AE54.com got a hold of my v2.0 and nearly $7K's worth of Alpine equipment and will be showcasing his work in the Alpine Booth @ www.CESWeb.org . I believe that Tesla Motors will be outside with a Roadster Sport giving rides. :cool:

4250870656_52c0fbde06.jpg

I've been at CES all week (since Jan 5), as press with Getty Images.

JUMPLIVE - Real Time Photo-Video Updates/OffRoad Racing

Flickr photo collection for 2010 CES here:

Collection: 2010 CES

My Macbook Pro is "broken", so I haven't been able to upload my 5D II images for the last few days!!

Most of the above is just cellphone picks uploaded "live" (using Shozu).

The car stuff is in North Hall, I've been there for the last few days. Pioneer has a Lamborghini & Ferrari (from Al & Eds Autosound), the same ones on display at the 2009 LA Auto Show (last month).

I will definitely get to the Alpine booth to check out the Roadster.

Onstar had a Chevy Volt (hybrid) on display, I did an interview & got pics yesterday.

I've spent most of my time at sessions, keynote speeches. I actually met a rep, from 1 of the VC companies for Tesla Motors. As I was on the escalator in South Hall, the guy next to me was a top guy @Wyse Technology(Martin Eberhard's 1st employer after he graduated from UIUC).

Green Tech has a presence @CES 2010, Sanyo was here with their electric bikes. I met the Panasonic COO (Panasonic owns Sanyo), & we had a friendly chat about Tesla Motors. The Roadster uses Panasonic batteies.

Automotive entertainment (on 4 wheels) is a significant market. Ford announced partnership with Pandora (Internet Radio), for Internet access for XXX. The latter being a broadband mobile solution for their cars The Ford CEO (former head of Boeing) made a keynote speech to this effect. Intel's CEO (Fellini) also made a keynote speech, as did Dr. Paul Jacobs, the CEO of Qualcomm.

Entertainment is the "keyword", & Automtoive & Mobile are "access points" for entertainment gadgets. Dr. Larry Smarr (head of UC San Diego's CALIT2)

[ who founded NCSA at UIUC, who toured the lab the Martin & I worked at, AARG/Advanced Automation Research Group @Coordinated Science Laboratory, which led to spinoffs like NCSA Mosaic & Mark Andreesen, et al ]

is funded primarily by Qualcomm. I was looking for ntel's Director of Research (Dr. Andrew Chien, whose dad was Martin's supervisor @AARG). The former CEO of Intel (Andrew Grove) publicly stated that Intel must get involved with manufacture of batteries. This demonstrates the importance of the Emerging Market of Alternative Energy, & how companies have to prepare for that.

World's 1st in a Tesla Roadster

Just got home from CES... WOW! Here is a 2 minute video on the car. I'll post more pix & comments later, but wanted to throw this youtube video up. YouTube - Tesla World's First(s) Customizations by Al & Ed's Autosound. The blue lights in the front were just for the show.

PS-You'd think that after coming back from CES, I'd know how to embed the video here. Sorry for the old fashion link! :rolleyes:

Just got home from CES... WOW! Here is a 2 minute video on the car. I'll post more pix & comments later, but wanted to throw this youtube video up. YouTube - Tesla World's First(s) Customizations by Al & Ed's Autosound. The blue lights in the front were just for the show.

PS-You'd think that after coming back from CES, I'd know how to embed the video here. Sorry for the old fashion link! :rolleyes:

4266602438_8be3ccaf0d_o.jpg

I was there on Sunday, 10am - 12pm doing stills, videos, 360 degree panoramas. Here is a link to the stills:

2010 CES Alpine & Tesla Roadster - a set on Flickr

I'm still in Vegas (recovering from 6 straight days of coverage), by tonight I will have an iTunes video episode of my interview with the Alpine spokesperson.

He told me that you had wrecked your 1st Roadster into a tree, which was growing vertically from the edge of a cliff. I.e., a tree saved you from disaster..Green saves Green Tech.

I later went to the Panasonic booth (Panasonic owns Sanyo), where they had a Green Tech display. The Chief Scientist for the Battery Division was there. I was told that Tesla signed a deal with Panasonic only a couple days earlier.

4265898903_1efe5e3190_o.jpg

You can see the battery pack on the right, where it uses "A" cells.

Thank you for the wonderful post Dr. T

We should have studio images later this week for everyone to enjoy.

There are pics from your Lamborghini & Ferrari @Kenwood booth at:

2010 CES Kenwood Audio - a set on Flickr

I believe it was the Beverly Hills Al & Eds (at least the Lambo), the same one which was at the 2009 LA Auto Show last month (Dec 2009):

12/5 Sat, Day #2 [ '09 LA Auto Show ] - a set on Flickr

The red Ferrari had an Alpine setup (told to me by Alpine staff at CES 2010), the yellow Tesla Roadster is owned by who? (A&E or private owner?)

There is video from 2009 LA Auto Show of the Beverly Hills Al & Eds booth at:

2009 LA Auto Show: Tesla, Ferrari, Lamborghini @Al & Eds booth [ '09 LA Auto Show 12/5 ]

It's an episode on the "2009 LA Auto Show" iTunes video-podcast I did as a "demol". I.e., you can find it on iTunes Store (search on "2009 la auto show"), subscribe to it, download the episodes to iTunes, connect your iPod/iTouch/iPhone, Sync to it. Then, carry your mobile iPod/iTouch/iPhone in your pocket & show it to people & saty:

"this is Automotive Technology, which is "Entertainment on 4-Wheels"

I did the above at 2010 CES, with great effect. I used it in my "30 second elevator speech", when making business contacts:

"It's not enough to Tell Them..you have to SHOW THEMN"

I think Tesla Motors needs to get on iTunes medium (via video-podcast), which is itself a Viral Medium (along with the Big 3: Myspace, Twitter, Facebook). Flickr, Youtube are also commonly used.

Tesla Roadster

teslaroadsteritunesscreenshot.jpg

You can see how subscribers get referred to other Tesla Roadster related video-podcasts (like what is done on Twitter, Facebook)

Last edited:
Aside from the video posted above (thank you TEG for embeding it) I will brush up on how to embed and post pix tonight, but thought I should not cross post so instead will post in http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/tesla-roadster/2399-customized-roadsters-4.html. Now you can compare to v1.0

I've uploaded some videos from the Alpine booth, related to the Tesla Roadster project:

2010 CES

[ above video-blog has been submitted to iTunes, for a "2010 CES" test video-podcast ]

2010ces on blip.tv

I've uploaded some videos from the Alpine booth, related to the Tesla Roadster project:

2010 CES

[ above video-blog has been submitted to iTunes, for a "2010 CES" test video-podcast ]

2010ces on blip.tv

It just got approved by iTunes for video-podcast syndication, see

2010 CES

Click on upper-right icon to goto "2010 CES" iTunes video-podcast, or do a search in iTunes Store on "2010 ces" or "ces tesla motors"

2010cesscreenshot.jpg

So, everyone can subscribe to the above video-podcast, download the 4 Alpine video episodes (Tesla Roadster related), carry it around in your pocket (iPhone, iTouch, iPod) & do some "Pocket PR" for Alpine & Tesla Motors.

Later, I will put the episodes on the "Tesla Roadster" video-blog (syndicated to iTunes as video-podcast):

Tesla Roadster

Why Tesla Motors is NOT using the latest/greratest in VoD (Video on Demand) Technology..is beyond me!! I mean, iTunes video-podcast is a Viral Medium (like the Big 3: Facebook, Twitter, Myspace), that could be working for them 24/7, 365 days a year.