Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging issues after Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had charging issues after upgrading to Firmware 6.0 ? I upgraded on Sunday, and Monday morning noticed my car hadn't charged overnight, no worries, since I had plenty of range for the day. After returning home Monday night with about 40 miles of range, I plugged in and started the charge (usually on schedule). Car started charging, but not pulling the full 40 amps (only up to 15 amp).... and then after about 45 miles stopped charging at 53 miles of range (Charging complete). I unplugged, replugged, rebooted main screen, nothing would convince it to charge more. Car headed to service this morning. :(

Sounds like an SC visit is in order. :(

I suspect correlation rather than causation. Someone asks this question after nearly every software update. Some quantity of folks will have a charging issue at some point and statistically some percentage will happen to develop the problem shortly after a software update even though it's probably nothing to do with the update itself.