Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.0 (.15) bug or iphone 6 issue? Calendar not popping up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed for the last few days that the calendar is not spontaneously showing on the screen when I enter the car. I have the calendar app preference to show the calendar on entry "always."

I didn't take careful note but I just got the iphone 6 (with launch ios 8) so it might be that (i do recall the pop up seemed to work when I had the iPhone 5s with iOS 8 on it).

I'm on Tesla OS 6.0 (.15 updated), iphone 6 w iOS 8 and the current Tesla app.

I've removed all bluetooth devices from the Tesla, rebooted both screens, and re-paired the iphone 6. Media, phone calls work fine. The car's calendar shows that it is getting updated within a minute of me opening the Tesla app, and I have the notifications etc configured properly on my iphone 6.

I wasn't observant enough to see if the calendar pop up on entry disappeared with the new iphone or if it stopped working beforehand, or if the .15 update broke this.

Come to think of it, the "show calendar on entry" function ideally should be independent of the phone (the phone updates the calendar but its presence shouldn't be required to pop up the calendar-- especially since it might take a little while for the car to detect the Bluetooth connection). When the function worked, the calendar was on the screen the instant the screen turned on.

Can anyone else confirm the behaviour?

Last edited:
Yes, I've had the exact same issue despite the calendar setting being set to display on morning entry. Noted in the v6.0 thread: Firmware 6.0

You are the first person besides myself that I am aware of reporting this. Question: did it ever work for you? I've been on 6.0 for only a few days, and it has never worked. Agree that this function should be independent of the phone as long as it synced in the past.

It worked nicely with firmware 6.0 in the 0.13 variant for sure. I think the 0.15 update that I got is what killed the calendar pop up. The problem in my situation is I changed 2 other variables (iOS 8 on the previously synced iPhone 5s and now the brand new iphone 6).

Then again I think the calendar pop up should be independent even if the phone isn't present assuming the calendar was already uploaded by the iOS app.

I deleted and re downloaded the app and rebooted the phone to no avail. Again I'd hope they built the pop up function to work without the phone.

Since the phone takes a few seconds to connect to Bluetooth I suspect the pop up is NOT dependent on the phone being present (but is required to update the calendar). I'm just speculating however.

...and be sure to keep the Tesla app running on your iPhone or it won't populate regularly and won't update. FWIW I have had some glitches with iOS8 and my new iPhone 6 (loss of BT connection and calendar) and have had to reboot the MCU and instrument display a couple of times.

Exactly: the calendar is definitely in sync (I can even add an event on my phone and watch it show up on the calendar in a few minutes or faster if I open the iOS app). It's just that the calendar now no longer pops up in its own window on entering the car. This definitely worked last week but I'm really thinking the 0.15 update broke it.

It's certainly not the end of the world but I did like the little reminder pop up.

Rebooted the iPhone. Calendar still doesn't pop up on morning entry, even though it is set to do so. I'm also charging over night, and I think the charging pop up must block the calendar pop up as someone suggested.

To test this, I changed the setting to "always" and stopped on the way to work this morning to pick up a breakfast sandwich. When I got back in the car, the calendar popped up. SO...it is either the charging screen blocking it in the morning after an overnight charge, or the "always" setting works better than the "morning" setting.

Well, it isn't the charging screen popup that is suppressing the calendar popup. Didn't plug in last night so my car didn't charge. Got in this morning and the calendar did not pop up. Appears that the "morning" setting doesn't work.

Set it to the "morning and evening" setting when I got to work. Will see if it pops up when I get in after work.

I am in the same boat--the pop-up functionality worked fine on my 5S running the iOS8 GM image along with .13, but somewhere along the line it stopped working - either because of .15 or from moving to an iPhone 6 (the iOS version has remained the same). The syncing is still working fine, just the pop-up no longer pops up.

O

Just updated to iOS 8.02 on both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5s, and still no popup after removing and re-pairing each phone sequentially and rebooting the phones and both Tesla screens. Here are snapshots to prove all settings are OK and the calendar syncs properly.

Pretty convinced this is a .15 Tesla bug, since it definitely worked before on iPhone 5s iOS 8.0

2014-09-25%2016.39.56.png
2014-09-25%2016.39.03.png
2014-09-25%2016.39.47.png
2014-09-25%2016.40.44.png
2014-09-25%2017.46.37.jpg
2014-09-25%2017.47.51.png
2014-09-25%2017.47.30.jpg

Just updated to iOS 8.02 on both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5s, and still no popup after removing and re-pairing each phone sequentially and rebooting the phones and both Tesla screens. Here are snapshots to prove all settings are OK and the calendar syncs properly.

Pretty convinced this is a .15 Tesla bug, since it definitely worked before on iPhone 5s iOS 8.0

Working fine for me here (.15 of Tesla 6.0, iOS 8.0.2 on iPhone5).

Are you perhaps suffering from one of the iPhone bluetooth bugs? It certainly needs bluetooth active to make it happen. I've had two failures:

1) bluetooth accidentally turned off on my phone. Popup appeared on the car as soon as I activated bluetooth on the phone.

2) Daughter got in the car ahead of me and connected her iPod to the car (for music), causing my iPhone not to connect. Again, overriding the connected bluetooth device fixed it (not certain I got an automatic popup in this case as i was already fiddling with the touchscreen - maybe I called up the calendar first and then changed the bluetooth from there).

Love the calendar

Also on your phone you may need to have "background app refresh" turned on under settings and have the app open in the background. There is also the chance you need to "turn it off and turn it on again" , meaning reboot main car computer as well as the phone.

Love it. Had to reinstall the old app. Had to turn on Tesla in the iPhone setup. But, it works great! This sets Tesla apart from others.