Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quite a crash....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a few pictures of this crash yesterday. I guess in a way testament to how much power a Tesla has (pushed 3 parked cars).Plus, the tesla barely only damaged right front end. The Tesla driver probably hit the wrong pedal and ramed the cars.
XcQzkpgMrFMvlsvz8hLIZGvh5lmrn4nbXJepRXSJnCS2=w288-h215-p-no.jpg
1guOrBBMHqvXQ-6hXjyfRgyrEzkINR7AviRNNqmEI0op=w276-h207-p-no.jpg
JknmsrIkhkxKq9lYn2Joiw0ncj9JCCO7YOWHdXYEFeCg=w288-h215-p-no.jpg

Happens all the time. Someone hits the wrong pedal, car accelerates. Because they think they're already pushing on the brake pedal, they push harder. By the time they figure it out it's too late.

This exact scenario happened at the local convenience store twice in a month a while back - car through the front door.

probably will be declared as a 'total loss' due to the insane parts costs from Tesla and ridiculous labor rates certified shops are gouging from insurance companies for repairs.

LOL!... but seriously I would hope not, that Model S looks practically untouched (even if the other side is more messed up)

I've noticed that when in reverse the car can still roll forward slightly which has caused some confusion on our end a couple of times. We've never pressed the wrong pedal accidentally tho.

A few times when I`m in a hurry I have forgot to set the car in P before I got out. Have it in creep mode and the car goes forward. This I think could be a reason for accidents like this. Hit the "gas" pedal instead of the brakes :eek: