Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What I like best about V6.0...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Version 6.0 was pushed to my car OTA a few nights ago. Before that, I had been reading all about the new version on this site - and of course I was envious as could be as I read the comments. So I was very excited when it arrived.

But as much attention as the primary features have received (Traffic-Nav; new Maps; Calendar; Location based Suspension; etc) both on the Forums and on Tesla's own blog, I have found BY FAR the best new feature to be a vastly improved smoothness of the drive, particularly noticeable in regen mode, and also while in cruise control. Specifically:
  • Taking one's foot of the accelerator no longer yields a sharp deceleration, but rather a very smooth slowing-down. Passengers had complained about this in the past.
  • Cruise control seems much smoother as well; particularly when touching the breaks to get OUT of Cruise Control mode...this no longer creates a sudden deceleration.
  • And I have noticed absolutely no change in the brilliant responsiveness of stepping on the accelerator.
Again, I find these changes substantially more impactful than the other (perhaps cuter?) improvements.

Most importantly, THANK YOU TESLA for doing the unthinkable - making my S/85 an even BETTER driving experience!

• Taking one's foot of the accelerator no longer yields a sharp deceleration, but rather a very smooth slowing-down. Passengers had complained about this in the past.
  • Cruise control seems much smoother as well; particularly when touching the breaks to get OUT of Cruise Control mode...this no longer creates a sudden deceleration.
  • And I have noticed absolutely no change in the brilliant responsiveness of stepping on the accelerator.

Cool; I haven't noticed the first one (I'll check it out), and I haven't been on a trip yet, but hopefully will soon (which should showcase the second one). I haven't noticed any change in the awesomeness of the accelerator, either. ;-)

I like the charging-completed alert--just got my first one tonight. Okay, I'll prob turn it off, but on trips, I feel like this (and charging interrupted alerts) will be helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, "Supercharging notifications are always ON" sez the app. Maybe I can just leave it off; when I'm travelling, I'm either supercharging or else my charging is time-limited (e.g., a stop at a mall or whatever, so I charge till I split, usually not to full).

found BY FAR the best new feature to be a vastly improved smoothness of the drive, particularly noticeable in regen mode, and also while in cruise control. Specifically:
  • Cruise control seems much smoother as well; particularly when touching the breaks to get OUT of Cruise Control mode...this no longer creates a sudden deceleration

I use Cruise Control on a daily basis and have noticed absolutely no difference in performance from before. I specifically went looking for any kind of difference and cannot see that anything has changed - - at least on my car.