Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Misinformation continues: "States where you can't charge a Tesla"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
My Yahoo news feed for Tesla had a headline this morning "States where you can't charge a Tesla." I'm not including the link so as not to give the site business, but here is an excerpt:
"Most of the public battle over Tesla Motors Inc.’s (NASDAQ: TSLA) ability to sell and service its cars is whether dealers, state by state, can keep Tesla out of their regions due to fear of competition. Less is said about where a Tesla can be charged when people have one". It then goes on to list the states that don't have a supercharger yet.

It's no wonder some people are surprised that we charge our cars in our garages overnight.

There are a few states that indeed have a Supercharger but still listed in that article as not having one.. Massachusetts for eg..

Either sloppy writing or attempt to create FUD. That news outfit has started appearing in Yahoo news feed only recently.

My Yahoo news feed for Tesla had a headline this morning "States where you can't charge a Tesla." I'm not including the link so as not to give the site business, but here is an excerpt:
"Most of the public battle over Tesla Motors Inc.’s (NASDAQ: TSLA) ability to sell and service its cars is whether dealers, state by state, can keep Tesla out of their regions due to fear of competition. Less is said about where a Tesla can be charged when people have one". It then goes on to list the states that don't have a supercharger yet.

It's no wonder some people are surprised that we charge our cars in our garages overnight.

So, you're saying, there are NO STATES where you can't charge a Tesla. They use an outlet. Where in the world would you find one of those?

Need to have them explain what they mean....

When I last checked that article, yesterday afternoon, every single one of the responses was excoriating every aspect of the article.
As above....

Today it's "States where you can't buy a Tesla". Clearly someone with an agenda. The article isn't quite a bad as the headline, explaining people do buy them but are "forced to order the cars from Tesla's web site". Silly me, I kind of enjoyed ordering from the web site.

Today it's "States where you can't buy a Tesla". Clearly someone with an agenda. The article isn't quite a bad as the headline, explaining people do buy them but are "forced to order the cars from Tesla's web site". Silly me, I kind of enjoyed ordering from the web site.

And there was a similar negative-click-bait about the over-the-air software updates.