Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know what this new white connector is on the driver side?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Havent seen it in previous pics, so thought I would check with the collective....
VIN 40K+
I had tried to test it and looks like a 12+v (however only received a blip and a whine/spin down and gone. I can see it is an empty connector and goes back into the wheel well and cant see the rest.
Thx!
-Slick
IMG_0005.jpg

Still baffled...any other suggestions?

Probably for an option you didn't get? Do you have fog lights? They probably run the same wire harnesses in all the cars to save time and only hook up the options that you have? Just a guess...

Nope. Only option I didn't get was premium lighting.
I wonder if I was in the transition period for the additional sensors or lane departure wiring harnesses before they actually put it in...
D

There is one on the passenger side as well

Could be for ambient lighting, it does add a light in each door. I'm actually trying to track down the leads for the ambient lighting circuit. Are the leads to the plug black and yellow?

I took the passenger side sill off and there is one that is also attached on the other side.
Green and black.

Any further clue?
I was able to get a voltage to it, but am afraid that I may have shorted it out.
I checked every fuse in both boxes and all intact but now I cant get a voltage.
Was looking for a switched 12V (hard wire a valentine one...BTW it works in the ez pass area just fine, and Fuse 75 in my car is absent) or ambient lighting terminations.

Thanks