Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air conditioned seats - Feature Request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, yes, yes. I know it consumes energy, but living in Florida, I can't tell you how much I love the air-conditioned seats of my Lexus LS600hL. I know Mercedes has them also.

Couldn't Tesla put them in the front seats?

Heated seats are occasionally useful down here if you're back is hurting, but the AC seats are awesome. You don't know what you're missing if you don't have them.

I'm assuming there are people from Tesla that peruse this Forum. Hint, hint, hint.....

Yes, yes, yes. I know it consumes energy, but living in Florida, I can't tell you how much I love the air-conditioned seats of my Lexus LS600hL. I know Mercedes has them also.

Heated seats are occasionally useful down here if you're back is hurting, but the AC seats are awesome. You don't know what you're missing if you don't have them.

I'm assuming there are people from Tesla that peruse this Forum. Hint, hint, hint.....
I'd love them.

I had heard rumors that ventilated seats (not A/C) would be coming soon. I don’t remember where I read that. But if the seat heaters are currently controlled by the LIN bus, then adding ventilation would not require any new wiring - just perforated seats and a fan to suck the air.

I have been using sheepskin covers on my front seats since the 90's. Much, much cooler than bare leather after prolonged sun exposure. When I was up north they also kept me reasonably comfortable in winter until the seat heaters took effect

I also have basic sheepskin covers... better, but I would trade these in a minute for having a ventilated/ac seat that could freeze my posterior in this hot climate.

Frankly, I can't see why this would be all that difficult of a retrofit. There's got to be ac ducts in the center arm rest console, and there's already power under the seats. Pop in new seats (or for the enterprising craftsman duct/fan/new seat covers) and there you go. Probably only cost $10K :)

Last edited:

+ 1

I had heard rumors that ventilated seats (not A/C) would be coming soon. I don’t remember where I read that. But if the seat heaters are currently controlled by the LIN bus, then adding ventilation would not require any new wiring - just perforated seats and a fan to suck the air.
The original Sigs had perforated seats, though no ventilated or cooled seats.

I would also REALLY love this feature, living in NC! This summer has been so hot. Even with the AC on full blast, if you don't have the AC seats on (that most luxury cars have), your back starts sweating. No one likes a sweaty back stain. :eek:

I am holding out to buy until AC seats are released. Otherwise I love the car. AC is just a must in the south!