Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster vs Lotus Dashboard for CF pieces

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the Dash appears to be the same, dash top, binnacle, and the middle vents section for only the 1.5, not 2.x where the 2 vent's are cut in half.

Door panels are different, door sills, and possibly the section forward of the sills that attach to the Dash.

Note: The problem with going with the Lotus CF parts, the CF weave will most likely be different and won't match that of the CF rollbar cover of the Tesla Roadster. Same with the inside, if you find other pieces for the Tesla the weave will be noticeably different.

Here are a few shots from two Lotus Elise's I got at the track today. It looks like like my 1.5
20140922_151539.jpg
20140922_151557.jpg
20140922_152600.jpg
20140922_152614.jpg

Would an Elise dash top fit in the Roadster? The reason I ask is because I'm planning to upgrade my 2.0 to a Double DIN. I have the two binnacle pieces but need the vents and to modify the dash top. I'm a bit hesitant to modify my existing dash top, so I was wondering if I can score an Elise one off eBay or something and modify that, if that might work.

I have no affiliation with this company but am trying to work with them on modifying my 2.0 to a Double-DIN. He said they make just about every Roadster CF part. They are in Cincinnati. I think their webpage is their Facebook page.

I haven't worked with them yet, but they seem well reviewed and to know what they're doing. I'll post an update after the Double-DIN work is complete.

Chris Hundley
Owner
Concept:Carbon
[email protected]

I emailed and spoke with Chris. He sounded very nice but has not yet provided pics and price for his CF pieces. If anyone can post that info if they have it I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

I actually received an e-mail from Chris today. He and his staff are all in the National Guard so between those duties and car projects, communication is a bit slow at times. I don't have any prices on the CF pieces, but he modified that Lotus dash I bought very nicely:

image2.jpeg
image.jpeg