Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Factory Producing on Weekends?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S went into production sometime Friday or Saturday! Is the factory running on the weekends? My latest estimated delivery day is Monday, 9/29 in Minneapolis. 9/27 was a possibility too. There has got to be at least two full days for transport, probably closer to three.

How many operating days does production normally take?

Thanks

1. The dashboard status does not necessarily update in time with what is actually going on in Fremont, although there is obviously some correlation.
2. Mine went into production some time between late Saturday night and early Sunday morning (last week).
3. Reports are mixed as to whether the factory is operating at full capacity over the weekend. My guess is no.
4. I was told delivery from factory to be ready for pickup in Texas was 5-7 days. I assume Minneapolis is similar

I was told 5-7 days once production finishes. From other posts, that seems to be broken down into 3-5 days of transit, followed by 1-3 days to detail and get ready for handing over at the service center. The former is a function of distance, obviously, while the latter is a function of how busy they are. It sounds like they are very busy all over the US meeting milestones for the end of the month.

Also note that it is very likely you won't know that your car is in town waiting to be finalized for you until it's ready.