Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger site construction etiquette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Casa Grande Supercharger site construction area this morning, and had a nice talk with the construction foreman. From what he was telling me, there have been more and more cases of people walking though the construction areas (he has been involved with 28 SC sites so he has seen lots of this) while work is in progress, not only getting in the way, but most importantly, posing a safety hazard. This is all over the country, not just in Arizona. Recently one of these curiosity seekers fell in a construction zone. They were not hurt, but this has prompted the Construction company to send a formal letter to Tesla, asking for their help in controlling the situation. Initially, they will apparently request that some sort of sign(s) be posted, and escalate beyond that if the signs don't get the job done.

They are very concerned about this, and do not want to offend any current or future Tesla owner, nor any curious host location patron (or employee). They understand our interest and enthusiasm. However, Safety is Paramount, and they will take whatever reasonable measures they need to in order to protect the safety of all concerned.

Suggestions:

• Ask permission to take pictures. This starts the conversation with the site boss, and they will no doubt tell you where you may/ may not not go.
  • Respect the Construction workers... do not take their pictures. My experience is they will step aside monetarily if you ask. Just be quick with your picture.
  • Never, EVER, step over/under caution tape or barricades. This marks the construction zone, and you will be promptly told to get out if you do. Use a zoom lens to get up close to your item of interest.
  • Even if there is equipment outside the caution tape area, keep a respectful distance and don't touch anything.
  • See what you want, take your pictures, and then leave. This is a construction area and the crew has a job to do. If they have to keep one eye on you to keep you safe, you are slowing them down.

Feel free to post other suggestions, but basically, Common Sense applies here.

I'm sure that everyone involved will appreciate and thank you for your cooperation on this matter.

Yes, you are quite right, Tes-E. Regrettably many of us are like children who can't wait for Christmas! I might add park far away as sensible from the construction area. Also, don't ask too many probing questions of the site boss, as he/she might not have an answer or might not be able to answer truthfully.