Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wifi constantly asking to connect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, my car has started constantly asking me to connect to a wifi network. However, the wifi icon shows a connection, and when I hit the blue "connect now" button it shows all the visible networks and has my home network with a green check mark, which strongly implies that it's connected and working properly... but if that's the case, why is it constantly reminding (ahem, nagging) me to connect? I'm not 100% sure when this happened, so I can't precisely correlate to a firmware upgrade though I suspect it's a software thing.

Thoughts?

Actually, it's a bug, but for me it came back even after deleting. Apparently it has to do with how the Tesla detects the type of wifi connection. For some reason it thought my connection was a hotspot. Because it thinks it's a hotspot it doesn't view it as a perm connection so it keeps asking. I let me service center know and they talked to other people and then someone went in remotely and made a fix, which I guess was to tell the car that my SSID was not a hotspot. It has since gone away.

Try the delete and recreate and see if it fixes it. If not, you will have to contact your service center and they will have to tell someone to fix it, if they don't know how just point them in the right direction.