Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notifications/iPhone and V.6.0 Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Just got updated to V6.0 yesterday, the same day the new iPhone came out with iOS 8. I'm working away at turning on the new notifications and following the instructions on the Tesla Model S app (which was updated to 2.0 on Sept. 11).

I'm supposed to turn on Notifications in the settings/notifications section of the iPhone. However, Model S isn't listed there. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
A.

Hi All,

Just got updated to V6.0 yesterday, the same day the new iPhone came out with iOS 8. I'm working away at turning on the new notifications and following the instructions on the Tesla Model S app (which was updated to 2.0 on Sept. 11).

I'm supposed to turn on Notifications in the settings/notifications section of the iPhone. However, Model S isn't listed there. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
A.
Open tesla app on iPhone, select menu upper left, select notifications and check what you want.

Open tesla app on iPhone, select menu upper left, select notifications and check what you want.

Thanks. I have tried that, but I can't actually turn them on. The instructions in that area you directed me to tell me to do it in notification centre in the iPhone settings. When I go into the notification centre, there isn't the Model S to select from. I have the latest Model S app...

See attached. Strange...
IMG_0004.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0005.PNG
    IMG_0005.PNG
    125.3 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Notification Center usually shows included apps followed by not included apps. If you've scrolled all the way down and app not there, suggest you delete and reinstall app

Thanks, Tomas. Tried, but still had the same issue. Solved it now, however. The iPhone needs to ensure the Tesla wakes up upon initial installation of the notification settings. My car was taking forever to wake up, so it didn't allow me to go in on the iPhone and change the settings. After that, you don't need to go into Settings/Notifications, as the app instructions say, they simply appear in the app where you directed me earlier.

Thanks again!