Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.0 Calendars/Google Apps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, I just got the 6.0 update and everything seems to be working fine except the calendar part. I'm on iOS 8 on an iPhone 5 and followed all the instructions (granting access, letting Tesla app run, etc). Nothing shows in my calendars on the car even after half a day of waiting. Almost all of my calendars are subscribed google apps calendars. So a couple questions:

1) Is anyone having luck seeing subscribed calendars (specifically google app ones if it matters) sync/turn up from the iOS calendar app to the Tesla?

2) I created an event in my otherwise empty iCloud calendar and that didn't turn up either. Anyone having general issues with the calendars app?

Thanks.

If you are using the basic version of Google Apps, then you may have issues syncing the calender with 3rd party apps (Outlook, Tesla, iOS, etc). Google dropped support for 3rd party apps about a year ago.

First, I have several 3rd party apps that sync with Google Calendar. Second, it is irrelevant, since the Tesla Calendar "app" syncs with the phone, not from the Google server.

I too have this issue, but no Google.

Is my understanding Google Apps, iClouds, Yahoo!, etc, have no bearing on the matter. That the Tesla iOS app accesses the iOS calendar app, and iOS calendar takes care of syncing (or not) with the rest of the world. That the Tesla app on the iPhone/iPad reads this data already on the device and relays it to the car.

And as others have experienced none of my calendar data is getting to the car. I do have 4 different "calendars".

I have multiple Google Calendars and have it synced with my iPhone's built-in calendar app. I can turn individual calendars on or off from the iPhone app. Only the calendars I have turned on in the iPhone show up on the 17" screen (which is exactly how I like it).

I have multiple Google Calendars and have it synced with my iPhone's built-in calendar app. I can turn individual calendars on or off from the iPhone app. Only the calendars I have turned on in the iPhone show up on the 17" screen (which is exactly how I like it).

I'm an Android user, and had this issue until I went into Google Calendar's settings (on my phone) and selected which calendars that I wanted to display on the phone. This resulted in the corresponding changes on the Tesla calendar display.

edit: typo.

I too have this issue, but no Google.

Is my understanding Google Apps, iClouds, Yahoo!, etc, have no bearing on the matter. That the Tesla iOS app accesses the iOS calendar app, and iOS calendar takes care of syncing (or not) with the rest of the world. That the Tesla app on the iPhone/iPad reads this data already on the device and relays it to the car.

And as others have experienced none of my calendar data is getting to the car. I do have 4 different "calendars".

Update: Calendars made it from iPhone to Model S. Now the problem is data from calendars which are present but disabled on the phone is being displayed on the 17".

My issue seemed to be in the connection between the car and the phone. Music and phone were working fine but not the cal sync. Un-pairing and re-pairing the phone got it all working.

It does sync both iCloud and Google Apps calendars. Only gripe so far is it syncs all calendars (even ones hidden in the iOS calendar app) for me with iOS8.

Hi folks, I just got the 6.0 update and everything seems to be working fine except the calendar part. I'm on iOS 8 on an iPhone 5 and followed all the instructions (granting access, letting Tesla app run, etc). Nothing shows in my calendars on the car even after half a day of waiting. Almost all of my calendars are subscribed google apps calendars. So a couple questions:

1) Is anyone having luck seeing subscribed calendars (specifically google app ones if it matters) sync/turn up from the iOS calendar app to the Tesla?

2) I created an event in my otherwise empty iCloud calendar and that didn't turn up either. Anyone having general issues with the calendars app?

Thanks.
It's a small point but for iPhone users it's important to enable the Tesla Model S app to run in the background. Furthermore after a phone reboot there is some evidence you have to have looked at the Tesla app to ensure thatit's I run mode.

I'm using Google calendar, and accessing it on my iphone through the iPhone app. I don't see any opportunity to "grant access" to any other device. Can someone help?

Also, how can I access or ascertain whether I have access to the calendar from my Tesla, assuming it has been linked? (I have wi-fi linkage to my home network.)

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I'm a junior member; how/can I start a new thread?

There was a previous thread last week about the new calendar issue......wish it was easier to search the archives.....I was able by "repairing" the phone to get this working. But I haven't had a calendar readout/update in 2 days now. Must I re-pair the phone repeatedly?

My car calendar hasn't sync since the 6.1 update. I tried turning off and on Bluetooth, re-pairing phone, etc. Nothing worked. I just so happened to be close to the SeC and was told to remove the Tesla phone app and re-download it. Evidently the app doesn't have auto update capabilities and has issues between firmware updates. Once I did this, my calendar popped up in my car and I'm a happy camper.