Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video: CRS-4 Launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now were they planning on recovering the first stage this time?

I'm not sure. This core didn't have the legs, but it think I read something about "boosted re-entry" and at the 6:30 mark you can hear one of the voices mention "First and second stage telemetry nominal" which was well after the first stage separated. Not sure of that just means it landed where it was supposed to, or if there was a controlled relight.

I noticed that with each one of these launches, the quality gets a little better, as do the camera angles and it was super cool to see the remaining hydrazine in the second stage become 'fully' weightless once the second stage was cut off.

Can't wait to make it down to the Cape to catch one in person...

I noticed that with each one of these launches, the quality gets a little better, as do the camera angles and it was super cool to see the remaining hydrazine in the second stage become 'fully' weightless once the second stage was cut off.

So that's what that was! Looked insanely cool, and like something out of a sci-fi film. :p I'm gonna be watching all these launches from now on, this was the first one I've been able to tune into.

So that's what that was! Looked insanely cool, and like something out of a sci-fi film. :p I'm gonna be watching all these launches from now on, this was the first one I've been able to tune into.

I really liked the angle that showed the sound-suppression system in action. It looked kind of artistic to me.

Watching it in real time is awesome, playback is second best.

Countdown helps as a reminder.

Footage looked like something from my dreams, a bit abstract and often difficult to understand, but very compelling and mesmerising. No need to understand the details, it just feels great to see it happening!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Last edited: