Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Black Headliner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this was mentioned before but I just noticed a new black headliner on the ordering page.

Attached is the new option.

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 11.54.43 AM.png

AAHHHHHHHRRRGGGG. I want that so badly. My "Standard Headliner" gets so dirty so easily, and has a few stains I just can't get out.

You'd have to pay but have you asked Tesla? They would have to take the entire top of the car off though. They offered to do it for me since they forgot to install the rear map lights in my car (very early Sig). I declined since not worth it. They might have only offered since it was a warranty issue.

You'd have to pay but have you asked Tesla? They would have to take the entire top of the car off though. They offered to do it for me since they forgot to install the rear map lights in my car (very early Sig). I declined since not worth it. They might have only offered since it was a warranty issue.

That's a thought. I haven't asked Tesla a lot of things that I want to, mostly because the nearest service center is 500 miles away. Once we get a service center I have a shortlist of small things that need to be fixed under warranty, I'll bring it up then.

As for getting it as an aftermarket replacement from a 3rd party, I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for such a service.

I had had have my headliner replaced, because of some water, damage from a leaking window tesla had to remove the windshield to remove the old liner and put in the new one. So....that's at least $1200 just for the windshield replacement (they cannot reuse the windshield because of the airbags)