Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla steel grey colour with grey 21`wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, does anybody have or know of any (daylight)pictures of Tesla in new steel grey colour with 21`grey wheels fitted?

I placed the order 3 days ago, but im not 100% sure about the steel grey color with grey wheels.

Brgs
Marius

Hi Marius,

Glad you asked. I to have wondered the same thing. I ordered the Steel Grey with silver 21" wheels. I was going back and forth with the Grey wheels though. My concern with the Grey was I felt they clashed with the new Grey color.

I think either would look great, but I would enjoy seeing how they look in a real photo. My car goes into production in the next few days, but pretty sure I am sold on the silver.

If anyone is tight with their DS, maybe give them a call. Mine just called me to talk about my delivery next week. I mentioned I would like to see the two wheel colors not he new steel grey. He said he had seen a lot of both and would send me photos today or tomorrow after more come in. Maybe some of your guys DS have some in stock they can shoot photos of now.

If anyone is tight with their DS, maybe give them a call. Mine just called me to talk about my delivery next week. I mentioned I would like to see the two wheel colors not he new steel grey. He said he had seen a lot of both and would send me photos today or tomorrow after more come in. Maybe some of your guys DS have some in stock they can shoot photos of now.

Hi eRandall38, thanks for your reply,

I wrote them yesterday and asked, (Tesla Drammen, Norway), they did not have any pictures of it in steel grey with grey wheels. In addition, there are a lot of Teslas in Norway now, but I have yet so see one in steel grey w/ grey wheels, maybe Tesla in steel grey hasn't entered Norway yet. I sincerely hope it is possible to get hold of some photos in this combination, I have a few days before the order is confirmed.

Im quite desperate, please anybody help!!! =)

Hi eRandall38, thanks for your reply,

I wrote them yesterday and asked, (Tesla Drammen, Norway), they did not have any pictures of it in steel grey with grey wheels. In addition, there are a lot of Teslas in Norway now, but I have yet so see one in steel grey w/ grey wheels, maybe Tesla in steel grey hasn't entered Norway yet. I sincerely hope it is possible to get hold of some photos in this combination, I have a few days before the order is confirmed.

Im quite desperate, please anybody help!!! =)

I will post as soon as my DS sends photos. Originally I had the old grey with grey wheels. Looked great. But when new grey came out they seemed to clash in color to me, so I went with silver. The DS did say today they look really good (grey on grey) especially in natural light. Hopefully he will send photos soon!

Thank you eRandall38,

I do appreciate your help, im looking forward to see it so I can decide what to do!

He has sent me over 3 pictures of the Grey on Silver. I know that is not what either of us are really looking for, but I will post them just for comparison reasons later. He said over the next couple days he will keep his eye out for a Grey on Grey and send over.

16kqkpv.jpg

5pimvq.jpg

157bpfr.jpg

I have some earlier posts on this same topic. I was wrestling with the decision right after the new steel grey color arrived. The day I placed my order I went to the SC and took both the silver and grey 21 inch wheels outside into the sunlight with the new steel grey paint chip. Even though I had originally planned to go mono with dolphin and grey wheels, the new steel grey plus grey wheels just does not feel right (as erandall mentioned). The silver wheels are a way better compliment. The above pictures are not the best representation. Look at the older thread that had the demo car at Fremont. Hence, I ordered silver 21s with steel grey.

Big dormer, when you get your car in, I have a detailer that is certified here locally for Opticoat Pro and is MUCH more affordable than a few of the others here in town that advertise installers. Had my black P85 done last week, turned out awesome.

Hi, does anybody have or know of any (daylight)pictures of Tesla in new steel grey colour with 21`grey wheels fitted?

I placed the order 3 days ago, but im not 100% sure about the steel grey color with grey wheels.

Brgs
Marius

Your timing is excellent. Like you, I couldn't decide on the new steel grey color (with 21" grey wheels), and I was very indecisive even after ordering. I ordered without seeing even the color on an actual car. Later, I saw the a full car in this color but with the lighter rims.

I decided to keep my original color choices, but I still hadn't seen the color/rim combination .... Until today. I accidentally came across one and took some (bad) pictures while driving. I'll post them here if someone tells me how to do it.

To avoid basing the jury pool, I'll withhold my opinion for now, but will give it if anyone's interested after I post.

Im I scheduled to take delivery no later than September 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Brgs
Marius

i figured red out how to upload images. Here are the two pictures I took today while driving.

- - - Updated - - -

Brgs
Marius

And one more I took today.

- - - Updated - - -

Brgs
Marius

Amd one more picture that I found somewhere online:

- - - Updated - - -

Brgs
Marius

And, for comparison, I've added a couple of photos of the steel grey with the lighter rims. I took these photos at the factory store when I first saw the steel grey color actually on a car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 2,000
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,900
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 1,899
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,881
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,050
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,030
I will post as soon as my DS sends photos. Originally I had the old grey with grey wheels. Looked great. But when new grey came out they seemed to clash in color to me, so I went with silver. The DS did say today they look really good (grey on grey) especially in natural light. Hopefully he will send photos soon!

Thank you so much, eRandall38, for the pictures! =) ,

it sure helps getting the overall picture on the car color, it will be interesting to se it/when he sends you some nice pictures with steel grey & grey wheels, keep em coming =)

Brgs

Marius

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the pictures Planned_Apathy,

great pictures, especially the last two, hopefully im lucky and get to see similar pictures with grey 21" wheels soon =)

Its difficult to get the full impression of the color, but pictures of it in the sunlight and with shadow like the last two helps a lot.

Brgs
Marius

Thank you so much, eRandall38, for the pictures! =) ,

it sure helps getting the overall picture on the car color, it will be interesting to se it/when he sends you some nice pictures with steel grey & grey wheels, keep em coming =)

Brgs

Marius

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the pictures Planned_Apathy,

great pictures, especially the last two, hopefully im lucky and get to see similar pictures with grey 21" wheels soon =)

Its difficult to get the full impression of the color, but pictures of it in the sunlight and with shadow like the last two helps a lot.

Brgs
Marius

Markus,

No problem at all -- happy to provide additional information, especially since I was in exactly your position just a few weeks ago. I'll receive my car in about 10 days, and I'll post some more photos here for you to see.

My my opinion is that most Teslas look better in person than they do in photographs. I see many that look great in photographs, but I always think they look better in person, so -- to that extent at least, I don't think they're very photogenic in relation to how they look in person.

Having now now seen the steel grey more and having done more research on the steel grey, I'm happy with the color decision. I'm still ambivalent, though, because I also very much like the white (with dark contrasts all over) and the black color with a totally blacked-out look. So, I'm happy with the steel grey, but I'm planning for my next Tesla to be either white or black.

One feature of the steel grey color is that it can have very different appearances in only slightly different light conditions and at only slightly different angles. I like that feature, but once in a while I'm not thrilled with the appearance, but overall I like it very much.

As as for the rims -- dark grey or silver? I prefer the monochrome look in this color generally and I don't think that the colors clash. But I also like the contrast between the steel gray body and the silver rims. When the car is sitting still, I prefer the dark grey rims. When the car is in motion, the silver rims have a particularly nice look to them, so I'd say I like the two rim-colors equally when in motion. My general preference for the monochrome look in this color (and in black) plus my stronger preference for the dark-grey rim appearance when the car isn't moving leads me to the conclusion that the steel grey with dark grey rims are best for me. But I'd be content with the other rims too.

That's how my thoughts have evolved on this topic. And I'll post pictures of my car when I receive it later this month.

Thanks for your toughts, I totally agree with you on "when the car is still and in motion", this is not easy..., he he, I guess when I finally have decided I will be at peace =)

In some light conditions it looks like the car has somewhat purple shine to it , and this combination with the grey wheels I'm not sure of...

Thanks for your toughts, I totally agree with you on "when the car is still and in motion", this is not easy..., he he, I guess when I finally have decided I will be at peace =)

In some light conditions it looks like the car has somewhat purple shine to it , and this combination with the grey wheels I'm not sure of...

Looking back at the first two photos, I see what you mean by a "purple shine." But I didn't see any signs of a purpose shine in real life. I took the first three photos with my iPhone and I took the last two photos with my iPad, which has a much better camera than the iPhone. And, assuming that the two cars do have the same color, then the first three photos should have the same color as the last two photos, although the color does seem to change in different light conditions and at different angles.

Anyway, I'll get some more and better photos up here when I receive my car in the next week or 10 days. If I really dislike the color combination, then I'll switch the tires/rims.

I would believe that the grey 21" do not fit the car as well as they do with the Dolphin grey.

I would believe that the grey 21" do not fit the car as well as they do with the Dolphin grey.

So far, given what I've seen (which admittedly is very limited), I think they look at least good enough for me. However, if they turn out to be not good enough, then I thought I'd just switch out the wheels. However, somebody here on TMC gave me a potentially much better idea -- powder coat the rims to whatever color/shade I prefer. So, that's probably my back-up plan if I don't like the color match. I should know within 10 days and I'll post here when I find out.

I have black S85 with grey rims which is a great combination. And just ordered a Steel Grey P+ with grey rims. Haven´t seen it in real life, but I believe it it will be great. Though I believe most of the combinations are great and it is almost impossible to go totally wrong, because the car it´s self is so gorgeous. I would not worry to much.

I have black S85 with grey rims which is a great combination. And just ordered a Steel Grey P+ with grey rims. Haven´t seen it in real life, but I believe it it will be great. Though I believe most of the combinations are great and it is almost impossible to go totally wrong, because the car it´s self is so gorgeous. I would not worry to much.

+1 :)