Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.0 firmware for HK cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 3G connectivity got frozen so called up service center, first response was "It happens after v6 update"

So I presume quite a few will have that already. mine is still 5.12

Sorry for somewhat off topic...

For my case - yes, however I'm still on v5.12, so the 3G connectivity fail may not related to v6, perhaps a fail update? I've arranged a visit to service center next week to fix.

Perhaps they ditch the roaming arrangements and switch to local provider? ....in my dream...

Have you reboot the center console ? (press and hold both left and right scroll wheels) I loss 3G couple days ago and rebooting solve the problem.

Will try that! Thanks Sony!

(Update) It works! Thanks Sony.

BTW, I've got a notification for update at 10pm last night. Rescheduled it to the morning for various reasons... looking forward to that!

Last edited:
Anyone get 6.0 OTA yet? I'm still waiting, and still suspect this hasn't been released for HK cars yet. The My Tesla dashboard still doesn't show any release note beyond 5.x.

Particularly interested in anyone who picked up their car in the past few days - 5.12 or 6.0?

Visited Tesla this morning and confirmed Hong Kong will remain at v5.12. The recent "update" is only from 1.65.40 to 1.65.41, which REMOVES the internet browser :crying:

Apparently Transport Department forced them to do so because of road safety concerns!

Well-done Hong Kong Government!! You really got nothing to do and concern about our browser!!:mad:

Thanks for the heads-up. I just cancelled the scheduled update.

Visited Tesla this morning and confirmed Hong Kong will remain at v5.12. The recent "update" is only from 1.65.40 to 1.65.41, which REMOVES the internet browser :crying:

Apparently Transport Department forced them to do so because of road safety concerns!

Well-done Hong Kong Government!! You really got nothing to do and concern about our browser!!:mad:

Yeah, pretty much confirmed now that 6.0 isn't available for HK cars at the moment. A shame. I don't want the navigation features (as we don't have navigation now anyway), but the location-aware suspension height setting will be very useful.

TM Hong Kong saying something not up to them, or that they don't know, or perhaps won't share, is kind of getting old for me :/

Everything we get is lagging or not coming at all:

- RHD Model S, almost two years after USA intro
- 6.0, it's been out for a month in the rest of the world now
- For sure the Model S -D version will be delayed
- Model X - RHD probably not too high priority
- Web browser - we can't even have it when parked?
- Navigation
- +2 rear facing seats
- Democracy and Freedom
- The right to use electric bikes, Segways etc

So modern, so ancient, yet I love HK, as everywhere has good and bad things.

One of the things I really hope will be in an update:

One-button switch between normal and low regen. On an average drive, I switch back and forth roughly 5 times and usually while it's busy (entering or exiting expressway, changing between low and high traffic density)

Very thorough list, DITB.

IMO a responsible regional center should put its region's best interest first and foremost. As a long time customer, my impression is that TM HK is far from doing enough for local customers. The whole MS delivery delay was a mess. They totally failed in keeping us informed. One would assume they have learned a thing or two on communication.

But to date, we still don't know when we're getting the 6.0 update. I understand it takes time to engineer (cripple?) and test, and we may not be a priority for them, but that doesn't prevent them from keeping in touch with us by the means of say a regular regional newsletter.

May be they did fight for some of the things and they're working hard, but we simply don't know what's going on. Overall I fail to see enough effort spent by TM HK on the matters we care about.

Very thorough list, DITB.

IMO a responsible regional center should put its region's best interest first and foremost. As a long time customer, my impression is that TM HK is far from doing enough for local customers. The whole MS delivery delay was a mess. They totally failed in keeping us informed. One would assume they have learned a thing or two on communication.

But to date, we still don't know when we're getting the 6.0 update. I understand it takes time to engineer (cripple?) and test, and we may not be a priority for them, but that doesn't prevent them from keeping in touch with us by the means of say a regular regional newsletter.

May be they did fight for some of the things and they're working hard, but we simply don't know what's going on. Overall I fail to see enough effort spent by TM HK on the matters we care about.

I totally agree:

+

- The car is awesome, it sells itself without any advertisement
- Service seems OK (to me at least, no problem so far)

-

- Very bad communication from sales/delivery at BEST, "white lies" at worst to cover up certain problems
- Very bad IT performance by test drives especially, RVSPs totally messed up
- Too slow rollout of superchargers (probably not entirely within the control of TM, if I had the space I would have let them use it for free for superchargers)
- Transport Department are doing their utmost, as a formal branch of the "no fun police", to spoil any new feature, like rear facing seats, browser (don't care about that really), special colours - again, not TM control

So it's really the communication that is so lacking. WHY on EARTH TM HK doesn't have some kind of regular newsletter or other update for the customers? And a frank one, the truth rather than white lies to "make us happy" (as it has the opposite effect and TM staff have been very bad at lying so far)