Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There are still some ICEs worth driving...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Johan

Ex got M3 in the divorce, waiting for EU Model Y!
Feb 9, 2012
Drammen, Norway
Ok so after getting in to EVs and getting my S a year ago I must admit it's been a lomg time since I saw a combustion car and thought to my self: "I want to have that". But today was such a time. I heard a beatiful rumble from my next door neighbor. Look what he just brought home from Germany :)

[video=vimeo;106437766]http://vimeo.com/106437766[/video]

J2592x1944-09640.jpg
BOTH the ICEs in this photo are still worth driving:tongue:
But I long for the day that TMC can replace the green one.

10dbdid.jpg

Around 2010 we heard speculation that Mercedes-Benz was planning for a GL63 powered by the 6.2L naturally aspirated V8 used in the ML63 AMG. AMG offered an appearance package for the X164 GL-Class and we envisioned this concept with their essence in mind. Our GL has a sportier front grille and lower fascia. The 21" wheels are similar to the W221 S65 style. This SUV comes packaged with AMG spec'd suspension and brakes sourced by Brembo. The 4.5L and 5.5L V8s are both good engines for forced induction by turbocharging...then they'd become GL45s and 55s. How does this change your thoughts about family road trips?

That front end is truly ugly. And probably bad for the aerodynamics, too. I think they learned about manly grilles from Chrysler.

the CLS and CLA are the most amazing looking Benz ever, and one of the best looking entry lux cars out there. imho.

anyways, all ICE cars that are drastically cheaper than a Tesla-range EV are worth driving.

if you mean perf only, then then arguably nothing, not even Tesla, is worth driving as compared to (insert your fav hypercar)