Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I can source a the Dells Speedway Race Track, Whos interested in running their MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, I am attempting to source the Dells Speedway for one or two hours. First off, I'd like to do one of my famous videos, running my 60 at top speed for it's entire battery pack. Sort of like Autobon style driving... And thought others might like to give the MS a whirl (Legally) at higher speeds.

Cost if I can get at least one more person/car is $75/hour. If I can get a insane number of people (Maybe 20?) might be able to get a flat rate to rent the track for a few hours.

The open track time available for rental is Noon-5 pm on Wednesdays.

Input?

Nope.

Walls, man.. Walls. I've seen a street car go into a wall at an oval track at a relatively low speed compared to the race cars and it was DESTROYED. Your insurance will not cover your car at all if anything happens.

Go rent Blackhawk Farms. There's run off in most areas so you won't smash your car when something goes wrong. Most expensive but worth it in terms of safety and the chance to actually learn how to drive your car. Still the insurance issues for covering your car, but some companies cover non-timed non-competitive driver (or rider, in my case) improvement events.

You won't be able to run your car at top speed around Dells Raceway park either. That track is much too small. Even at the Milwaukee Mile you'll have to slow down for the turns, although you might be able to keep it near 90mph.

My cousin races at DRP, I don't think they go much over 100mph there, in his purpose built race car. They rent the track privately usually for 300-500 for the afternoon (if I remember properly)