Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bored?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is over a year since I bought my model S. I love my Model S but am bored with the car! It is exceptional and practically flawless. Had only very minor problems that were corrected in an outstanding manner.
The current car is my 23rd car and my experience has been weird. I am mentally challenged by cars that give trouble often and bored by perfect cars-I don't like either extremes. Good cars (Two of my Lexuses and a Lincoln MKZ) bored me that I traded them just after a year.
I need cars that have hidden technological gizmos and gadgets and features that "pop up" periodically, to keep me excited. Or things that could be added-paint colors that automatically change progressively, new use for the display screen, better voice command, dashboard that comes alive ..

It is over a year since I bought my model S. I love my Model S but am bored with the car! It is exceptional and practically flawless. Had only very minor problems that were corrected in an outstanding manner.
The current car is my 23rd car and my experience has been weird. I am mentally challenged by cars that give trouble often and bored by perfect cars-I don't like either extremes. Good cars (Two of my Lexuses and a Lincoln MKZ) bored me that I traded them just after a year.
I need cars that have hidden technological gizmos and gadgets and features that "pop up" periodically, to keep me excited. Or things that could be added-paint colors that automatically change progressively, new use for the display screen, better voice command, dashboard that comes alive ..
Not even close! I got mine last December and have 24,000 miles on her and not even close to being bored with her yet. In fact, I cannot imagine that I will EVER be bored with her. Maybe when everyone else has an electric car and superchargers are ubiquitous...no, probably not even then.

Wow, I'm not even close to being bored. What you need is an older Jaguar, I have owned many and these are cars that you drive for 1 hour and work on for 5. I guess I was over doing that even though I owned a new Jaguar and had no problems. If you never experienced the "Lucas, the Prince of Darkness" you would never get bored!

Buy an old British sports car.

You will never know if it will start, never know what is going to fall off next, never have any idea what is ahead of you in the dark. And if it rains...

As the owner of an Austin Healey 100 (and a Porsche 930), I resemble that remark! British motoring is definitely an adventure. German motoring is a reliable, quick adventure.

Unfortunately, my wife is less adventurous than me, and requires something that will (1) get her to her destination, and (2) not muss up her hair or makeup. She's the one who said that we WILL own a Tesla.

Last edited:

Maybe you need this?

mpz0rmnmlv7ymc3w4tfu.gif

Animated Tron-Like Paint Jobs Are the Perfect Aftermarket Upgrade

If you are starting to get bored and in-between software updates, modding as was suggested might be a good plan.

Alternatively, how about meeting up with one of the forum members, then they disconnect something in the frunk (within reason, and not something critical like the braking or battery management systems). It would be up to you to find what it is they disconnected and then fix it. This is a little bit of a crazy idea, but hey you might learn something about your Model S :wink:

Have you sought professional counseling?

Buy an old British sports car.

You will never know if it will start, never know what is going to fall off next, never have any idea what is ahead of you in the dark. And if it rains...

Ha! When I was a kid, my parents had a Austin-Healey Sprite and a Fiat 124 Spider. Later, I had a Triumph Spitfire. I remember lots of "issues".

The Fiat was the major "shedder". My Dad was in the habit of rocking the car by stepping on the back bumper while filling the tank. This allowed him to "burp" the tank, releasing an air pocket and fitting in a little more gas.

One day he went to burp the tank, and the bumper fell off!

I agree also that you need a British sports car. I had. Triumph TR7 convertible in college in the late 80's. It would not cold start. Fortunately I lived on a hill and could roll start it. If I left it too long some place flat, I'd have to find some people to push it for me to start her up. Add in pop up headlights that would occasionally pop up only one at a time, wipers that wouldn't wipe a lot of times and I had a car that was sometimes fun, very frustrating, never boring.

I ended up taking the car to a local dealer and he offered me $500 for it. I made sure it was good and warm, so it would start right up firs try, took the money and got as far away as fast as I could.

I'll take the boring ol' Model S any day.