Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Revelstoke, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
City council has given development approval to Tesla to build a supercharger at the Best Western Plus Hotel.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/275379751.html

-m

From Western Canada Superchargers - Page 6, the recommendation for the city council to approve is at https://revelstoke.civicweb.net/FileStorage/FC300FA8E4EB4382B657007D5D3BF47F-Dev-DVP%202014-08%20DP-2014-08%201925%20Laforme%20Boulevard%20.pdf for a Supercharger located at

Best Western Plus Revelstoke
1925 Laforme Blvd
Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0
Canada
Best Western Plus Revelstoke - Google Maps

Awesome news! Interesting in the simulation photographs how the equipment enclosure is depicted as having a roof over it. I don't believe we have seen that very much.

It's also interesting that the car depicted in the drawing is an X.

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 10.35.53 PM.png

This appears to be a mistake. The Tesla-supplied drawings in that document show a standard 4-stall supercharger, with a notation that 2 bays are 'dedicated' and 2 bays 'enabled'. At other locations, that has simply meant signage that two of the bays are "for tesla charging only" and the other two bays have supercharger equipment but signs saying "60 minutes general parking" or similar.

It's only the covering letter giving the council officer's recommendations that he has interpreted it as being "for any electric vehicle", which is probably his mistake.

There's certainly no provision in the drawings for (eg.) J1772 charging at those two stalls, and it would be highly inconvenient to fit it later - after the concrete called for in the drawings has been poured.

AlbertaNetZero - thanks for those links! I used them to justify a Posting on PlugShare, for Revelstoke Supercharger (but since we - can not add the Supercharger selection as a charging port - I selected Tesla Model S HPWC & CHAdeMO - so it would show the High Powered Icon!), and have sent a message to PlugShare Tech Support, requesting the correct Supercharging ports be listed as soon as they can! I expect it will be corrected before Friday, January 2nd, 2015!

Revelstoke Supercharger

Interesting Email - sent to me 8 minutes after I emailed the Tesla Supercharger Team to confirm the Revelstoke Supercharger is live, since it was snot shown on the basic Supercharger page (as a red dot!):

Hi Mr. Weekley,

Thank you for your email and Happy New Year to you and yours. Yes, the Revelstoke location is open and ready for our customers to use, we actually opened this site on December 29th. You can see it is posted on our Find Us map. We will alert our web team and make sure the red dots are added to the Supercharger page.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

Not only is this great news, but evidence of the Teams activity level (They are so busy cracking the supercharger eggs open - they left this little piece of a shell behind! :) )

Not only is this great news, but evidence of the Teams activity level (They are so busy cracking the supercharger eggs open - they left this little piece of a shell behind! :) )

Indeed. We now have had two Tuesdays in a row where, according to supercharge.info, Tesla has opened NINE supercharger stations in a single day (most in China)!! Those guys and gals rock, in my book!

Here is a thought, how much priority would Tesla put into expanding the Revelstoke site when they just recently put chargers at Salmon Arm and expanded Golden? The distance between these two sites is 251KM, with Revelstoke in the middle. I have travelled this route the last two summers and did find Kamloops, Revelstoke and Golden to be choke points along the way (needs more chargers!). We stayed at accomadation in Salmon Arm with a destination charger just to avoid any issues with these chargers.
FWIW, we got stuck temporarily at Revelstoke SC last July when a giant power outage affected the region. We could have used another 10 minutes, but were able to make it down to Armstrong to find a J2 to boost us enough to arrive in Kelowna. Kinda not funny when the whole town goes dark and you are driving an electric car :-(