Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Hartford, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cottonwood

Roadster#433, Model S#S37
Feb 27, 2009
Colorado
To those living in CT and the Northeast, what will this supercharger be most useful for in terms of travel? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the highways in that area.

Yes, this is awesome news. The first two superchargers in CT were on I-95 ("no one drives on I-95, it is too crowded there") and one was added on the Merritt Parkway a few miles from I-95. This supercharger opens up the I-84 route to/through NYC from New England
(or vise versa) instead of the more congested "coastal" roads.

It opens options given the congestion in the area. I regularly travel between (west of) Boston and Philadelphia.

It may also help those going from the NYC area to/from Vermont...

Allows 60kWh models to easily take the inland route to Boston from NYC, particularly in the winter
Opens the Tappan Zee and Beacon-Newburgh bridges as viable options for crossing the Hudson when traveling to New England
It's a small step to opening travel to VT from CT and NY City without having to detour through Albany.

In real-world situations, one could get from there to, say, Bellows Falls and back on a full charge. So, it's a start for accessing northern New England and great that is, but it's only a start.
Once it's up, I certainly could get from Hartford to my uncle's in _______________ and back without having to tap him for access to his expensive VT electricity, but that's a moot point from here in Alaska :wink:

Awesome news; the more Superchargers go in the more I want a Model S.
I may have to buy a Tesla now. Freshman at Trinity. Fill up at home here in Maine then again in West Hartford.
With Auburn West Springfiield also coming online may try for the 60kw pack?
Anyone on here in 60kw Model S?
Tesla is really covering Southern New England really well!!!!!!!!!!!

This picture was posted by Seanmccutchan on 10-19-2014

attachment.php?attachmentid=61777&d=1413777107.jpg

I am certainly not trying to "look a gifted horse in the mouth", but for those traveling North or South bound on Rt 91, this location is a bit off the beaten path. It is 7 miles from where 84 and 91 cross paths in Hartford, to where this charger is. It is a very bad stretch of highway, traffic wise, during the "rush" hours.

This location however will be a boom for those traversing CT from NY on Rt 84, on their way to Boston. They hit up this charger then after another 70 miles they will be in Auburn, MA to hit that charger.

I am certainly not trying to "look a gifted horse in the mouth", but for those traveling North or South bound on Rt 91, this location is a bit off the beaten path. It is 7 miles from where 84 and 91 cross paths in Hartford, to where this charger is. It is a very bad stretch of highway, traffic wise, during the "rush" hours.

This location however will be a boom for those traversing CT from NY on Rt 84, on their way to Boston. They hit up this charger then after another 70 miles they will be in Auburn, MA to hit that charger.

Just keep going north on I-91 and West Springfield is very close to the beaten path, and it is only 76 miles from Milford. That blue dot will be a real Supercharger some day. :biggrin:

West Springfield.jpg

True. I, wasn't thinking of that. Here in CT most people try to avoid RT 95 at all costs and that is where the Milford charger is. When I am coming up from the NYC area, I like many others travel on the Merritt Parkway and stop at the Greenwich charger. So that location which is furthest Southern point in CT and I figured West Springfield would be a bit of a stretch from Greenwich.

True. I, wasn't thinking of that. Here in CT most people try to avoid RT 95 at all costs and that is where the Milford charger is. When I am coming up from the NYC area, I like many others travel on the Merritt Parkway and stop at the Greenwich charger. So that location which is furthest Southern point in CT and I figured West Springfield would be a bit of a stretch from Greenwich.

Good point, but Greenwich, CT to West Springfield is only 113 miles, so I think that you will have lots of choices. Now, you just need some Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine Superchargers!