Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger - West Hartford, CT

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar

Supercharger - West Hartford, CT

See New New England Supercharger Locations - Page 43 and http://www.westhartford.org/living_h...ritain_Ave.pdf. The second link has nice renderings from Black and Veatch of what's coming.

West Hartford, CT has approved a Supercharger at 1445 New Britain Avenue, West Hartford, CT, 1445 New Britain Ave, Corbins Corner Shopping Center, West Hartford, CT 06110 - Google Maps.

8 Stalls in West Hartford!
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

Good location right across the street from the westfarms mall. There is plenty to do there during business hours and it is not sketchy late at night.

To those living in CT and the Northeast, what will this supercharger be most useful for in terms of travel? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the highways in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Barone View Post
    To those living in CT and the Northeast, what will this supercharger be most useful for in terms of travel? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the highways in that area.
    Yes, this is awesome news. The first two superchargers in CT were on I-95 ("no one drives on I-95, it is too crowded there") and one was added on the Merritt Parkway a few miles from I-95. This supercharger opens up the I-84 route to/through NYC from New England
    (or vise versa) instead of the more congested "coastal" roads.

It opens options given the congestion in the area. I regularly travel between (west of) Boston and Philadelphia.

It may also help those going from the NYC area to/from Vermont...
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum.
    My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    VIN 2415 - Blue 85kWh Model S / pano | VIN 48714 - Red 85kWh Model S / pano / tech

Allows 60kWh models to easily take the inland route to Boston from NYC, particularly in the winter
    Opens the Tappan Zee and Beacon-Newburgh bridges as viable options for crossing the Hudson when traveling to New England
    It's a small step to opening travel to VT from CT and NY City without having to detour through Albany.
    P1,491 - 85 kWh - multi-coat red, tan interior, obeche matte, black roof - air suspension, tech package - 19" wheels

Heart of the Alaska Range AudubonB's Avatar
    In real-world situations, one could get from there to, say, Bellows Falls and back on a full charge. So, it's a start for accessing northern New England and great that is, but it's only a start.
    Once it's up, I certainly could get from Hartford to my uncle's in _______________ and back without having to tap him for access to his expensive VT electricity, but that's a moot point from here in Alaska
    Attention All Investors: Please THINK about what "Short-Sighted" Really Means!
    Attention All Travelers: If half the fun of going is a gettin' there, the other half of gettin' there is going. (GBok)

Awesome news; the more Superchargers go in the more I want a Model S.
    I may have to buy a Tesla now. Freshman at Trinity. Fill up at home here in Maine then again in West Hartford.
    With Auburn West Springfiield also coming online may try for the 60kw pack?
    Anyone on here in 60kw Model S?
    Tesla is really covering Southern New England really well!!!!!!!!!!!

Who knows when it will open?

No insight but hopeful it will be prior to turkey day. Gives them one month to compete construction and deal with inspection sign offs.
    85kWh | Black | Textile | Piano Black | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Fog lights | Parking Sensors

Is this site actually under construction as it indicates on the map ( Superchargers ), or is that a mistake? Is there anybody within easy driving range of the location who would be interested in shooting some pix for the community?

Thread Information