Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who owns this Tesla in California?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Judging by license plate number, someone who probably took delivery of the car on or about the same day I did in February 2013. And unless this picture was taken 8 months ago, someone who has not paid registration or bothered to put new sticker on the plate -- this person should have put a yellowish orange registration sticker on the car in February earlier this year. Hard to believe someone would have forgotten about this for 8 months. Lucky not to have been cited.

I remember, it was years ago, but it's vivid, when I would suddenly see Priuses whiz by doing 80+ mph on I-5 in CA, driving like madmen, and it occured to me, that the Prius had passed into a new phase: it was starting to be driven by non-early adopters. It was becoming a commonly-seen car. Likewise, I've started seeing obnoxious Tesla Model S drivers, running stop signs and the like. I guess it's just inevitable, that eventually enough people start buying a car that statistically, you're gonna start seeing more instances of bad behavior.

Judging by license plate number, someone who probably took delivery of the car on or about the same day I did in February 2013. And unless this picture was taken 8 months ago, someone who has not paid registration or bothered to put new sticker on the plate -- this person should have put a yellowish orange registration sticker on the car in February earlier this year. Hard to believe someone would have forgotten about this for 8 months. Lucky not to have been cited.

Should have flagged the nearest officer to write him a citation - not for EVing.

Also had a similar experience on a trip in Rancho Mirage, CA. Was EV'd by the middle white MS while 2 other Tesla's (plus mine on the left) were waiting for a charge at the hotel's only 14-50 plug. The staff tells me that the culprit had parked his Tesla and left it for 2 nights already.

photo.JPG

Last edited:
Or, the perp plugged in and could not get it to charge the car for some reason. Maybe it was turned off overnight? So he goes into the store to see if such could be the case, unplugging from MS and replacing it on charger just to be safe when or if they turn it on. While he's in the store someone snaps the photo and assumes the worst case scenario.

You can't feel for a hot engine or exhaust pipe on a Tesla to estimate how long it has been sitting in a particular spot. Just saying.
--

Last edited:
Or, the perp plugged in and could not get it to charge the car for some reason. Maybe it was turned off overnight? So he goes into the store to see if such could be the case, unplugging the j1772...

It appears to be parked in front of a CHAdeMO charger. (Basically used primarily by LEAFs)