Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas outnumbered! National Drive Electric Week Event, Sept 20, Cupertino, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is Silicon Valley, and I'm just surprised that the local-designed, local-built, best EV available is outnumbered over 3 to 1! Take a look on the link below - and as of now (about 1pm on Sept 16th) there are 183 Nissan Leafs registered for the event and only 61 Teslas (51 Model S, 10 Roadsters). We are attempting to break the Guinness Book of World Records for the Largest Number of Electric Vehicles In a Parade.

See the link below to register. Lots of EV folks to chat with, vendors, test drives, and several cool give-aways. Come out and join us to help educate the general public on the advantages of EVs. In order to beat the current world record, we need more than 481 pure EVs in the parade - so far it looks like we are at about 400. Be a part of history!

https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=162

Thanks for posting this! I just signed up, and will be bringing two of my teenage sons. I'll be sure to look for ALT POWR. My MC Red is 7GPW509, which is admittedly less memorable.

Random: My brain sees GPW as "gallons per watt", which sounds like nonsense but is technically a valid unit of time: gallons of gas = energy, and watts = power = energy / time, so GPW = gallons / watts = energy / (energy / time) = time. But I can't quite wrap my head around that. "I'll see you in 7 gallons per watt. Don't be late."

I will be there. Just signed up, didn't realize there would be a world record attempt. I've volunteered to show my P85 a few times for the Experience Electric people who are involved with this event, and always have a lot of fun answering questions about the car and talking about the Supercharger network.

Thanks for signing up both of you, see you there. I will be bringing my blue Roadster instead of the Model S - it is POWR ALT.

Just this afternoon along we went from 61 Teslas to 69 Teslas showing up. However, at the same time, the Nissan Leaf number went up 6. We need more Teslas!

- - - Updated - - -

Current count as of Sept 16, 6:30pm:

Vehicle - Count
Nissan LEAF - 189
Tesla Model S - 59
Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later) - 32
Fiat 500e - 18
Ford Focus Electric - 16
Other Plug-In Vehicle - 16
Smart ForTwo Electric Drive - 13
Chevy Spark EV - 11
Tesla Roadster - 10
Chevrolet Volt - 9
Think City - 7
Zero Motorcycle - 6
BMW i3 - 5
Honda Fit EV - 5
Toyota RAV4 EV (1997-2003) - 5
CODA Sedan - 4
Mitsubishi i - 4
Toyota Plug-in Prius - 4
BMW i3 REx - 3
AC Propulsion tzero - 1
BMW ActiveE - 1
BMW Mini-E - 1
Fisker Karma - 1
Ford C-Max Energi - 1
Ford Fusion Energi - 1
Vectrix - 1
26 Models - 423

As of now:
Nissan LEAF - 200
Tesla Model S - 62
Tesla Roadster - 12

Total cars registered - 467

The Nissan LEAFs have gained 11 and the Teslas have only gained 5.

We need about 500 total, however we need to remove all cars with a gas tank from the list because the world record is for pure EVs. So currently about 28 need to be removed from the 467. We still need at least 61 more pure EVs to join for the record.

What: 42nd Annual Silicon Valley Electric Vehicle Rally & nation’s LARGEST electric vehicle event during National Drive Electric Week

When: Saturday, September 20th, 2014 from 10 AM to 4 PM

Where: De Anza College, 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, California

Go to this link for details:

EV Rally - EAASV

imagejpg1-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The "eyes" (headlights) on the t-zero look like they're tearing up.

Right, the T-Zero has a cartoon-ish look to it but it'll beat the Roadster hands down in acceleration.

For those that may not know it, that's Martin Eberhard walking towards his iconic orange striped Tesla Roadster (3rd pic down from the top).

His license plate reads: MR.TESLA

Had the opportunity to talk to him, great guy and a true engineer!

Right, the T-Zero has a cartoon-ish look to it but it'll beat the Roadster hands down in acceleration...

Not the lead/acid version you see there.

Also, the T-Zero lacks safety and comfort features that the Roadster includes, so it really was a prototype/proof-of-concept type vehicle, not ready for real production.