Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing Model S owners: how many would sign up for Model X soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will probably put down a deposit for a Model X once my Signature Model is S actually delivered.

I certainly wont be placing a Signature deposit for a Model X due to the lack of choice on options with a Signature edition.

We actually have a reservation right now.
We definitely will be waiting however, to see if the model X comes with adaptive cruise control and brake assist.
Otherwise, it isn't enough of an upgrade over our S's

My wife is really eager for the X. We have a sig reservation, but will wait until options are released before deciding if we'll stick with sig, or drop down to production.

...though, I'm from the US and just realized this is a thread for Aussies :p

I would love to have one by late next year but I have trouble convincing the Missus. She absolutely loves driving the P85 and often wonders out loud if and when we can use it for our trips to Chicago. But every time I bring the X up in conversation she always comes back with the idea of having a gas or hybrid SUV as the back-up for the P85 in case there is trouble with the electrical grid from any cause and/or our house is without power for more than a few days. Sigh. However, last week she off-handedly asked if any galleries or service centers have an X on display. Hope springs eternal.....

I took a close look at this just a few days ago and decided not to. Tesla has not released any signature model S yet in Australia so I struggle to see any value in waiting an unspecified amount of time, no commitment to produce them in order and no commitment to deliver them any way. I can see how the program made sense for model S ... Once bitten...

Not to worry

My wife is really eager for the X. We have a sig reservation, but will wait until options are released before deciding if we'll stick with sig, or drop down to production.

...though, I'm from the US and just realized this is a thread for Aussies :p

The question was meant for all Model S owners, regardless of where they live. In Australia, we have been kept in the dark for too long about the launch. It is so secretive, to a point it is so absurd. Yes, they are listed on the share market, so are most companies. It doesn't take much to say what month the car might arrive for first shipments. Just wanted to know if the experience has deterred anyone from placing a deposit for Model X etc.

mspcooper - my decision to not participate in the signature program for model x was directly related to lack of delivery of any model S today, and more so because of their communication policy.

Unless they can turn around things here quickly and rebuild trust, for me this means that the next point for consideration of model x is well after they demonstrate they can deliver a production X within 90 days on order. That could be a while away so they'll loose a sale (my current AWD will need replacing next yr so we miss the window).

Let me say I'm still excited about our eventual model s launch, but this market is going to suffer and be a real slow start unless their game is lifted.

I hope Tesla does not associate our perceived lack of interest in EV locally. It is going to take time for this market to establish because they are late ...

I agree. The only reason we have 4wd in the city is because they are preferentially taxed and so cheaper than an equivalent sized car or station wagon which would do exactly the same job as a moms taxi, most of the time. Over sized fuel guzzlers they are.