Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed Assist and Lane Departure Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
The manual that is now displayed in my car with 6.0 had some surprises that I have not seen announced. I'm a bit behind on the forums (life's been busy) so they may have already been posted about. In case not...

Speed Assist
SpeedAssist1.png

SpeedAssist2.png

SpeedAssist3.png

SpeedAssist4.png

Lane Departure Warning
LaneDeparture1.png

LaneDeparture2.png

Whoa - nice find! Shows you how often people look at the instruction manual :) Seems like these features just require some kind of camera mounted behind the rear view mirror. I wonder how hard it would be to retrofit that into older cars. Doesn't sound as invasive as a parking sensor retrofit.

Knowing Tesla, it's more likely to be an extraordinarily unreasonably-priced upgrade. See parking sensors.

The parking sensor upgrade is expensive because it requires replacing the front and rear bumpers which is expensive. In this case the most you might have to replace is the rear view mirror if it's really just a camera assuming it uses the existing wiring. Lots of assumptions, but it's within the realm of possibility that this could be a reasonably priced upgrade.