Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proper use of forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if there is a mission statement for the forum or not. I am not attempting to invoke censorship and do believe different opinions should be expressed and tolerated. I am sure there are many agendas behind many of the posts on TMC and these should be tolerated. However we have seen a blatant attempt by a member to use the site for a negative PR campaign against tesla in an attempt to get a free battery replacement.

I believe most can see it for what it is. It includes involving the press and tweets. All of these are within the members rights of course. I believe some of us are torn between responding to the posts to point out the errors rather than leave the posts uncontested. However when we do it only keeps the issue alive and center. The campaign started as an attempt to highlight his beef with the roadster but he then generated an argument about the model s. He makes no mention of owning a model s and is only using that thread to get more pr for his roadster complaint.

I believe its time to limit this behavior. I see no new information he is giving in his posts here. Perhaps his posts can be reviewed and allowed if there is new information included. Perhaps it's time to make rules about not using the forum for PR purposes I know it's not always clear and I appreciate the latitude given him but there have been many that offered good advise in regard to his issue. I believe it maybe time to cut it off. Perhaps reviewing his posts for new information before allowing them would be useful. He can always continue with his outside outlets (press/twitter posts).

While his posts are obviously a blatant attempt to discredit Tesla, the thread is entertaining. Maybe a hater's sub-forum is in order, loosing that thread altogether would cut TMC's banner ad income in half!

Chickenlittle perhaps the thread could be titled "Abuse of the forum". At the very least the Roadster Thread should be under Roadster.

While I appreciate your post, don't you think most people grow tired of trying to assist someone who claim a technical issues but really want everyone to ignite a fire were none exist. Why not let his thread run it's course and reference it later as an example of the individual's poor use of the forum. I find # post, points, Membership Date, etc. useful in seeing an agenda driven thread vs someone seeking advise and council. Overall TMC is the best source of great information on Tesla and EV's in general. All IMHO. 0.02 worth