Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model S Factory Tour is today... anything I should know?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tour is in about 3 hours. I know I need closed toed shoes, shirt with sleeves, long pants, 15 min early, etc.

For those who have been before, anything else noteworthy I should now or would be nice to give me a heads up on? I am very excited. Say no photos, I assume I can just take some outside.

Say no photos, I assume I can just take some outside.

Please respect the no photos rule. When I had my tour, some idiot kept taking out his camera in spite of being told not to several times. I was getting embarrassed for him as well as annoyed for the rest of us because it kept holding up the tour while this guy was "reminded".

You can take photos to your heart's content outside, and in the waiting area as far as I know.

Please respect the no photos rule. When I had my tour, some idiot kept taking out his camera in spite of being told not to several times. I was getting embarrassed for him as well as annoyed for the rest of us because it kept holding up the tour while this guy was "reminded".

You can take photos to your heart's content outside, and in the waiting area as far as I know.
I'm surprised he didn't get tossed from the tour. I mean, there's nothing going on in the tour that's overly sensitive: I suspect all competitors have already snagged a tour spot at some point. But they give you pretty much one rule: "Don't take pictures." Once, OK, you need reminded that we're serious. More than once... you wait in the parking lot.

I'm surprised he didn't get tossed from the tour.

I've been in other auto factories and they will either make you leave cameras and cell phones at Security or will cover the lens with a security sticker that they inspect and remove when you leave. Tesla isn't going to those extremes, so it just makes sense to respect their rules and not ruin it for everyone else.

I've been in other auto factories and they will either make you leave cameras and cell phones at Security or will cover the lens with a security sticker that they inspect and remove when you leave. Tesla isn't going to those extremes, so it just makes sense to respect their rules and not ruin it for everyone else.

Exactly. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us - I'm sure Tesla will stop giving tours if guests become a nuisance.