Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A message "frm" a moderator, regarding "l*nguage"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Okay, folks. You know we're all volunteers. And we've agreed to help this forum operate in a certain way. It's not personal when we ask folks to remove links from their signatures or to keep the language 'suitable for prime time network television'.

Lately it seems a part of the forum population has found pleasure in misspelling one word or leaving a letter out, just to get by the automatic censor software. I dunno, is it really that important to all of you? Because from my POV, you've now not only caused me work (I need to fix it, pm the person who did it, etc.), you make me feel kind of like I'm overbearing just for asking you to abide by forum rules. Sometimes we get these outraged pm's (or even posts) accusing us of being uptight. Oh hey, those of you who know me irl, know better. So I don't need to defend myself on this.

But why is it that folks are doing this? Could you just stop? I have better things to do with my time than fix posts. And I really REALLY dislike how some forum members respond when asked politely to knock it off.

If you're not doing, it thank you. If you are, please stop. It doesn't make you look grown up or cool. And I'll leave it at that.

You think it's bad now, wait until the Model 3 arrives....

I, for one, appreciate all the efforts of the moderators on this forum. Makes it a joy to come and read everyday.
Keep up the good work!

I was visiting with some other Tesla owners, and heard that there was one woman moderator they knew of who took off parts of her weekend to go to the Tesla Store and help out with visitors, as the store was understaffed. Not mentioning any names, but I am impressed. I can't imagine Mercedes or BMW having drivers come in to help out on their weekends. There are no cars like Tesla. There are no people like Tesla Drivers. Thanks to all our moderators for making us look, perhaps, better than we really are, when you are so very busy.

I don't think we have an "official" position, personally I don't care and I doubt that it's actually put off any trolls; we've had our fair share, they all cross the line eventually and get subsequently dealt with.
Point of clarification...

My understanding was that it was to foil search engines and bots looking for headline clickbait, not (in)human trolls.

Well said and thanks for all you do. FWIW, the way this board is moderated is the reason I don't visit the official teslamotors.com forums anymore. There's just way too much noise over there. Thanks again to all the mods.